PDA

View Full Version : Tail Lights

Rendon LX-i
06-18-2003, 09:59 AM
sup players. Just need to ask u all a question. ok. all my lights work ok. will when i bought the accord with was off my friend he cut into the brake light wire and connected rear LED brake lights on a tail he put on witch has been working for a long time tell today. i was pulling out of my driving way then my BRAKE LAMP shit comes on i like what. i open my truck HELL OF SMOKE come out will my fucking led brakes are fired and all i disconnected from the brake. its right were the bulb goes he cut it right there. will when i put the brake it tells me that my back lights are burned and there not. this shit is pissing me off tho. so what would it be. i mean my lights work fine just telling me there not. please help me out. :werd:

anchovies
06-18-2003, 11:19 AM
It's the led brake lights having different voltage, resistance.

toaster13
06-18-2003, 02:09 PM
to fix it you need to bypass the brake lamp failure sensor, there is one on each side located near lights not in the truck, it is a little box usually black. that happened on my 88 lx-i
I hope your car is wired the same as mine -- Look for W/G wire at the driver's side and ground it. It will disable both sensors. If u want to keep driver's side but disable passenger's side, ground G wire.

Rendon LX-i
06-18-2003, 09:32 PM
so i by pass. can u give a a better ideal. i mean in detail. its gay tho that shit bright at night and its pissing me off. thanks . and whats W/G and G.

Rendon LX-i
06-18-2003, 09:34 PM
oh u saying if i bypass this like u said then it would turn off that shit on my dash. saying BRAKE LAMP

toaster13
06-19-2003, 10:41 AM
you first need to locate the brake lamp failure sensor, you need to open the light panel from the trunk on the passengers side and there should be a box that is either black or green or somethings. once that is located take the green wire out of the harness and just run it to a ground screw: or what i did, is connected it too one of the bolts that holds on sensor in place,
doing this will turn off the light in the dash that says brake lamp. this also means that when a light is out, it will no longer tell you, unless it's on the drivers side.

try that and let me know how it works.

Rendon LX-i
06-19-2003, 10:43 PM
ok i check this out