PDA

View Full Version : autozone

88lxicoupe
06-07-2002, 07:58 PM
dont go to autozone to get nething. i wanted to return my racing pedals and they said they cant do that but i can have store credit. and i didnt want that so i made sure everything ipicd out was returnable for a full refund. so i bought an american racing sticker and headrest springs. i walk ouit the door turn around and walk back in a go ok i wanna return these now
and the guy fliped and said he wouldnt do it so i said fuck this ill never come back in this store again. im stickin with pepboys!

CoAsTeR
06-07-2002, 08:04 PM
call autozone headoffice to complain and they'll do anything to make you happy..... get your money back and never return again. The managers at the store may be jerks, but hey... head office is 100% customer satisfaction... you'll get your $$$. And if you don't... then NOBODY should shop there, but before we boycott em' call headoffice and complain.

:super:

L Squared
06-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Yeah i'd agree. The home office of any company will do anything to make people happy. For nstance the movie theatre company i used to work for (Wehrenberg Theatres) would bend over backwards to make customers come back. I have lots of stories about pain in the ass customers. And as for the company i noow work for, LensCrafters, they WILL give you anything if you bitch enuf about it. And you don't even have to go to the corperate level. Just argure with a manager and you can get almost anything. Now i'm not endorsing this as a means to get cheap glasses. Really a bitchy customer ruin's everyone's day. Not that i'm saying that you are...'cause you're not.

But back to the point...complain to corporate. That's your best bet.

-Lē

AccordChemist
06-07-2002, 09:06 PM
i hate autozone with a passion, ive also tried to return things before and they wouldnt....arg!!! and they always get you the wrong parts...i tell all my family and friends not to go there and what do you know, they still go there and then they get screwed over and you know what i say "I TOLD YOU SO!"

accordlx
06-07-2002, 09:52 PM
I've never had a problem there before. Just take your stuff back to another location. I think the problem is with the staff there, not the store itself.

ACCORD EX
06-08-2002, 08:15 AM
the best i have delt with was www.hondaautomotivepart.com ! the parts came to me in the mail after 5 days only ( i am in africa , egypt now ! ) :D :D

MIKE

HostileJava
06-08-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
the best i have delt with was ! the parts came to me in the mail after 5 days only ( i am in africa , egypt now ! ) :D :D

MIKE

I think it should be www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (http://www.hondaautomotivepart.com) .

Jerren
06-08-2002, 11:30 AM
i've never had a problem with autozone either. and what the hell is a headrest spring?

AccordChemist
06-08-2002, 11:39 AM
headrest spring = :rice:

Jerren
06-08-2002, 12:31 PM
yah thats what i was thinking.

accordlx
06-08-2002, 12:43 PM
I don't think that they are that ricey myself. I think I'm gonna buy a set just for fun. I'll take a pic so everyone can see em'.

A20A1
06-08-2002, 12:53 PM
But what does a headrest spring do... never seen one :confused:

DrMunky
06-08-2002, 01:47 PM
Ever called up Kroger or Walmart and complained about customer service at a store?? Gets you free merchandise everytime...

Jerren
06-08-2002, 02:20 PM
headrest spring= makes you look like you are giving head to a guy standing up. your head just continusly bobs back and forth the faster you drive. kinda like nates description of the little black lever under your steering wheel. (where is that post any way, i cant find it)

AccordChemist
06-08-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by A20A1

they lower you headrests 2.25"..
nah seriously, they are just color little springs that go over the two headrest poles. theyre just for looks. pretty stupid i think... they just came out with them and now every riceboy around here is gonna have them just like the washer lights..

Jerren
06-08-2002, 03:11 PM
oh thats all they do, i kinda liked my description better.:(

88lxicoupe
06-09-2002, 05:38 PM
nonono headrest springs go over the 2 prongs that slide down in the seat so it gives the alusion that ur head rest is just on springs and it looks like it can bob but it really doesnt they r actually kind of neat ive gotten quite a few compliments already. ill get some pics i was gonna this weekend but was way to busy

Acidbath88accordlx
08-08-2005, 04:35 PM
That's funny! I have washer lights! :uh: But my car is mostly stock :lol: I'm just a ricer want to be! :rice:

3G Jester
08-08-2005, 05:49 PM
autozone is great.

solution: stop watching fast and furious and dont buy ricey shit.

lostforawhile
08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
dont go to autozone to get nething. i wanted to return my racing pedals and they said they cant do that but i can have store credit. and i didnt want that so i made sure everything ipicd out was returnable for a full refund. so i bought an american racing sticker and headrest springs. i walk ouit the door turn around and walk back in a go ok i wanna return these now
and the guy fliped and said he wouldnt do it so i said fuck this ill never come back in this store again. im stickin with pepboys!
just don't buy cv axles there,see the thread my axles keep popping outhttp://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=45635. i won't put a store down unless they do something stupid to deserve it, and they sure did. anytime you return something under warranty and the counter person goes to the back and brings the same part back in a different box, you know not to go there. i secretly marked the part by the way. i did get some satisfaction from the home office though. I've found the solution to ricy parts is to not buy them. I just make my own stuff. if you do that you're sure not to see it on another car. I had to go ther the other day to get something for a truck, there was a woman in the parking lot cussing up a storm, they had removed her battery to charge it, and when they put it back in they knocked off the main ground wire. well the kid working there told her it wasn't his problem and she would have to take it to an auto electrician. she couldn't start her car, and when it started raining a little he ran inside so he wouldn't get wet. it took me about five minutes to put the cable on well enough for her to start her car. he works at advance and he can't figure out the big black wire goes to the battery ground. he tried to tell her the small extra ground wire was her main battery ground. this was a truck by the way. idiots.

SteveDX89
08-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Just leave the 3 year old threads alone.

Justin86
08-08-2005, 08:26 PM
they have idiots that work there, and stupid crack whores. their database is even more screwed up as in having part numbers all mixed up between cars.

Oldblueaccord
08-08-2005, 11:45 PM

Its cuz people steal stuff and the next day try and return it for cash. Or buy stuff on a stolen credit card and return it for cash or use a CC to buy something and get cash so they dont pay a huge interest fee on there CC and 50 other scams like that. We are all paying for a couple dipshits get used to it.

wp

lostforawhile
08-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Just leave the 3 year old threads alone.crap,all i saw was todays date on the previous post,this is a good subject considering they still suck

A20A1
08-09-2005, 12:56 AM

:LOL: I damn near replied with the exact same question... "wth are headrest springs?"

jigga225
08-09-2005, 12:38 PM
yeah i bought a clutch from them, and 3 months later, my pedal went straight to the floor, no pressure.
300 labor to do it all over again.
I went back tried to return it...and they said they wanted to gimme another one. I said "Mofo you think i'ma take another chance and pay 300 MORE dollars when this one eff's up. Boy please... gimme my money back. "
- he then inspected the clutch visually, whatever that was supposed to tell him.
- Got my $ back and went to honda for a nice oem clutch.
- Eff autozone and their 5 month alternators and starters.

Acidbath88accordlx
08-09-2005, 06:17 PM
you know come to think about it i'm having problems with my cv's now and it hasn't even been a year and i already have replaced the passenger side twice and going to have to replace the drivers side soon and i just replaced them BRAND NEW! And of course I bought them both from Autozone (Lifetime Limited Waranties Suck!)

halxi
08-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Sometimes its worth getting ripped off by honda for some parts...

Anything major like that, id definatly go to honda (or a TRUE honda parts dealer) and get them, ive had so many problems with checkers/autozone. Like today, i paid $40 for a Main Relay that looks NOTHING like what ours is, ive yet to put it in, but ill find out tomorrow.

88Accord-DX
08-13-2005, 01:09 AM
I can say one thing about Autozone, keep your receipts. Their computer doesn't keep your information like it should. If I didn't have my receipt on a few things, could have lost my warranty. Example-battery.

I keep all my receipts on my purchases on their store along with any autoparts store I have parts with warranties on.

lostforawhile
08-13-2005, 05:54 AM
photocopy your receipts,they print them on disappering ink

3G Jester
08-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Acidbath88accordlx.......lerave it to a n00bto resurect a 3 year old rice thread

modu03
08-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Sometimes its worth getting ripped off by honda for some parts...

Anything major like that, id definatly go to honda (or a TRUE honda parts dealer) and get them, ive had so many problems with checkers/autozone. Like today, i paid $40 for a Main Relay that looks NOTHING like what ours is, ive yet to put it in, but ill find out tomorrow.

just go to a napa store. their parts are just as good as honda parts and they cost less than the dealership, but about twice what autozone does...

i have bought many parts from autozone, never had a problem. i have never had to return any parts. however... we got 2 autozones in chico, and i will only go to one of them. the quality of service just depends on what kinda employees that particular store has. in one store we have older guys working who actually know a little about cars and are friendly. the other store we have younger guys who don't know anything and are often rude.

HondaBoy
08-13-2005, 03:44 PM
ok check this. i dunno exactly when, i think it was a little over a year ago i bought some Silvania Silver star headlight bulbs. spent the about $45 on em. so after finding out that they shined dimmer than the GE bulbs i bought at Wal-mart, i wanted to return them cuz i felt i had paid too much for something not worth a shit, IMO. they wouldnt let me return them. so i asked my grandma who i live with to try returning them for me. so we go up there a few days later and she goes in. so they see a sweet old lady and let her return them! granted they did give her some shit, but she sweet talked em, lol. i dunno, that's my Autozone story. and yeah, i dont buy a lot of stuff from there. mainly paint and car care products, that's about it. dont every buy their brake brand Albany, those were the worst brake pads i've ever used! fade like hell and wore out fast. i should have used the warrenty on em, but i couldnt find the receipt. that's why i like O'reilly auto parts, they know me by name. pretty much because i go in there for just about everything all the time.

oh i forgot, about the receipts. they are like done with disappearing ink. i left some of mine in the garage and the sun erased the ink! so i keep em in a drawer in a zip lock bag.

lostforawhile
08-13-2005, 04:23 PM
whats funny is this is an old thread and they still suck! they can't get most of my suspension parts i can go to the autozone like 45 miles away and get them but not here at this store. figure that out? everyone waited for months for this store to open and when it did they sucked. the other store 45 miles away is a good store,but this one is like a dumping ground for their worst employees. why can they get a brand at one store but not at another??!!

Acidbath88accordlx
08-13-2005, 08:31 PM
sorry for resurecting such an old thread.... it's just an interesting topic to discuss though.... won't happen again.... I hope....

lostforawhile
08-13-2005, 11:13 PM
at least it gave everyone a chance to vent at autozone again,you think they would have tried to improve by now, but in the words of pee wee herman
NOT!

HondaBoy
08-17-2005, 09:38 AM
you know, i was just thinking. half the time i go to autozone and ask them something i know more about the shit than they do! like they didnt believe me that my '76 datsun was FI. when they looked it up they were all, oh ok. yeah. just about everything i've bought from them gets returned, meaning major parts i've got from em. to think, i was thinking about getting a job there. i'd get discounts, but on crap parts. i'm going to call those dumb assess up there and ask them if they can find spark plugs for my '89 jetta diesel, then i'll make my decision on how stupid they are. lol.

88eyeguy
08-17-2005, 12:30 PM
i'm going to call those dumb assess up there and ask them if they can find spark plugs for my '89 jetta diesel, then i'll make my decision on how stupid they are. lol.

HAHAHA! i'm kinda ashamed to admit it, but i worked at autozone for a week before i quit. those jackasses at the counter don't know anything about cars. they kept everybody (me, for instance) who knew the difference between gas and diesel engines back in the stockroom.

lostforawhile
08-17-2005, 01:48 PM
autozone-less parts in fewer places. oh the how to clinics, if i want to watch a how to on a tv screen i'll watch speed channel and trucks or something not go into a store with a bunch of dumbasses and stare at a screen. this---------is----------your----------air---------filter. ohhhhhhh
. :sad2: do you have any more of those diesel spark plugs? :lol: i could sell them on ebay,someone would buy them. oh yea i need a diesel dis. too. you do have to admit they've got rice though. any kind of ricy crap you could ever want. :rice:

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-17-2005, 02:36 PM
iv never really had a prob wit autozone. but i do know that the people working in these kinda stores does make a diffrence. i went 2 knecht's off 11th and they told me it would take 4 months 2 get my short shifter. so i went 2 the 1 off of hwy 99 and they said it would b in next day. think bout it.