PDA

View Full Version : Quik Light Question?

Chris86Lxi
06-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Hey guys, just got a quick one here. My reverse lights stopped working so i figured the bulbs were burned out but i went to the store and purchased some new ones and put those in but still no worky??? Could anyone help me out with this problem? Is there a fuse or something for the reverse lights that may be blown out? All of my other lights work except the reverse lights. Weird?
Thanks alot,

Chris

89AcCOrDmike
06-18-2003, 07:00 PM
maybe its the light sensor, when u throw it in reverse it doesn't sense that its in that gear, so the lights don't come on...

88fasthatch
06-18-2003, 07:23 PM
Could be the switch, but the location depends on if you drive a stick or auto. near the bottom of the shifter for auto's and on the trans for stick shift.

Chris86Lxi
06-19-2003, 02:45 PM
a'ight guys, what switch are you talkin about?? I have a manual. What light sensor? I gotta get this shit soon for my inspection in a while so pleaaase help me someone.
THANK YOU,

Chris

88LXi/87CRXSi
06-19-2003, 04:24 PM
On my '88 5 spd, the reverse switch is located on the front facing side of the trans. It has two wires that connect underneath the distributer. Either check the switch for continuity with the trans in fifth gear, or jumper the two wires going to the swich together and turn the ignition switch on, the reverse lights should come on if the switch is bad. Don't know what's involved with changing it, if it's bad.

88fasthatch
06-19-2003, 05:22 PM
like Steve said the switch is on the front of the trans. just jumper the two connections together to rule out a fuse, bulb, or wiring problem. If jumping the two works then you have a bad switch and it needs replacing.

Chris86Lxi
06-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, i'll try and figure this shit out.

Chris