PDA

View Full Version : Though my car is gone I am not leaving.

Reptile
06-19-2003, 09:47 AM
My second 3G Accord is gone and it is not returning. I no longer am the proud owner of a 1989 Honda Accord LX. Instead as a graduation present I have had my Accord taken away and replaced with a mauve 93 Toyota Corolla. Unlike myself the new Corolla is very comfortable in its homosexuality (I am a heterosexual male and that is not going to change anytime before I die). I am certain a girl before me, one who obviously did not know how to drive or how to take care of the car properly, owned this car. Though the stereo system works well there are a few buttons either missing completely or are inoperative. Do not get me wrong, I do like the Corolla and it was about time for my to get rid of the LX anyway, but I was hoping to get a LX-I in return not an entirely different car. It has a salvaged title and the airbag light is on so my guess is it was in a minor fender bender and the previous owner repaired the damage and then sold it since even I cannot see any place where bodywork has been done. Who ever repaired it did a damned good job. It has 159,000 on the odometer, kind of sad when stacked up to the 175,000 of my LX-i (lost in accident) and my recently sold LX, which had 224,000 on the odometer (damn I wanted pics of that). It does have all of the options I have ever cared about and it runs like the LX should have (i.e. it actually moves when I push the gas pedal, even with the AC on). I am extremely practical at heart so I am going to keep it for 2-3 years until I am finished with college. At that point in time I am going to move out on my own and look for a black 89 Honda Accord LX-i with every option in the book. I love our cars too much to not have one. I will then use it as a project car and do a B20a swap and every thing else I can do to them. I will either sell or keep the Corolla depending upon how well it serves me in the next few years. I am however going to put a CAI on it, but that and a better fully operational stereo are the only mods I have planned for it. I am saving up for a customized Vespa and then my Ultimate 3G.

K DASH
06-19-2003, 11:12 AM
Ah, sorry to hear about the corolla, I myself dont like that particular gen.

My friend has a 94 corolla and I hate it so much, i drove it many times and when you floor it it takes a few seconds for it to feel like you were going anywhre, Sure i know its faster than my DX but at least my car "felt" like it was fast when I floored it.

Other than that Corollas are really nice on gas milage, hope the next few years are enjoyable.

Reptile
06-22-2003, 05:57 AM
Do not get me wrong, I do not hate my knew car. I do hate the color of the car but not the car itself. I can tell that it is built very well and there seems to be a small after market for it as well. With a small amount of money I will once again be humiliating ricers. Other than the color this car seems to be an almost perfect fit for me. On a side note today is my 21st birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

:D :super: :beer: :cool: :badass: :bow: