PDA

View Full Version : steering problems

toaster13
06-19-2003, 10:45 AM
ok here's the deal i just got a parts car and need to get it to PA from MI, the power steering works but leaks a little, the problem is
when driving and the car pulls a little the right when you push on the gas, when you let off the gas it pulls a little to the left, it is consistant in doing this, and it is enough to throw the car a little sometimes.
i don't know much about steerring and was wondering if anyone had any ideas/suggestions on anything to do i'd appreciate it.

MrBen
06-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Could be a motor/tranny mount. That's what mine is. It could also be something in your front suspension, but if you don't hear a thump or anything I'd be pretty set on it being a mount.

AZmike
06-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Carefully inspect the engine/transmission mounts and the suspension bushings. If everything looks ok I'd get the alignment checked.

AccordEpicenter
06-19-2003, 01:35 PM
i doubt its an engine tranny mount. I think you need to look at lower and upper ball joints, and also look at your alignment and tie rod ends.

MrBen
06-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
i doubt its an engine tranny mount. I think you need to look at lower and upper ball joints, and also look at your alignment and tie rod ends.

I beg to differ. That is what's wrong on my car is the engine mount. Balljoints are likely but I doubt that is it since you would have play in your steering. Tie rod ends are possible.

toaster13
06-20-2003, 06:44 AM
i just checked it out and it looks like whoever had the car before used the wrong ball joint on the passengers side, it has a grease nipple on the top of it and it's all rusted and loose, but i can't seem to get it apart, i have a ball joint press but can't seem to figure out how to use it.. anyhelp would be apprecated

thanks