PDA

View Full Version : panasonic, pioneer... questions, comments

Vanilla Sky
06-19-2003, 05:54 PM
ok.. here's the deal... i bought some speakers for my moms 626, they sound great, but i wanna know if you guys think i need to amp them, or what...

i bough a pair of panasonic 4 ways from ebay, they sound great, the RMS is 50 watts, the peak is 200... sensitivity is 93 dB i watt at one meter

the ones up front are the pioneer 6x8's you can get at wal-mart... very clear, but the problem with these is the fact that the doors need to be dampened...

other than dampening, what else do you think this system needs, other than the obvious fact that i still use the stock deck?

also, do you have other opinions on these speakers? i payed $60 for the pioneers and $26 for the panasonics(ebay)...

they can get loud and stay pretty clear with the stock deck, but i want a deck that will read CR/Rs...

my biggest worry is that panasonic isn't huge in the car audio sector... these look good, but have a foam surround (can last for ages if treated with protectant every so often)...

so, whacha think?

bashes, comments, praises, post whoring? all but the latter are welcome!

shepherd79
06-20-2003, 03:23 AM
well, i don't see why you want amp those speakers.
just get nice CD player. Alpine, Pioneer, Clarion, Kenwood.
i don't see a reason to put dumping into her car.
it is for your mom's car.
save money to buy yourself a nice car.

88fasthatch
06-20-2003, 05:51 PM
I have a pioneer deck (am fm cd) and I love it lots of power 50 watts per channel, lots of fun extras, and the ability to control subs from inside the car(boost output level, cut off frequencys, and reverse polirity.) All depending on model and price of course. but look into it very fun. Plus they have kick ass looking screen savers on them!!!:pimp:

Vanilla Sky
06-20-2003, 06:06 PM
welllll... right now, i'm using her car until i can find one suitable for me... and we hd a deal when she bought this car that when i blew the speakers, that i replaced the speakers, and the deck starts clipping about the time it starts moving the speakers any... i think i'll just get a sub-$300 deck used on ebay and let it stand... if i were to amp, it would only cost about $50-$100 to do due to the fact i can use such a weak amp (i only need 200 watts RMS for this setup), and i wouldn't replace the deck... i may have to get a cheap EQ and EQ it if i use the stock deck

88fasthatch
06-20-2003, 06:33 PM
well dont buy really cheap shit cause it just is not worth it when you can just spend a couple more bucks and get something that will make everyone happy. since you will most likely blast it more than your mom, and you dont want to replace it twice. just my 2cents

87DXHatch
06-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Post whoring ;)

Vanilla Sky
06-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch
Post whoring ;)

go figure ;)

shepherd79
06-21-2003, 04:36 AM
i keep telling you. stop waiting money on shitty stereo.
get yourself a car before you spend all your money on stereo.

Vanilla Sky
06-21-2003, 09:50 AM
eh, if i could find a car that suits me in my price range, i'd be ALL OVER IT... i have the money set aside for that... the stereo in mom's car is extra money... that and i can't stand hearing pure shit coming from anything... if i come across a car, of course imma stop spendin money on mom's car... i just gotta have something to do...

86accordhatchback
06-22-2003, 11:23 AM
well i have a pioneer. and i'll stand by it. pioneer makes great decks. but i'd shop around and listen to all of them and see what one suits you the best.