PDA

View Full Version : DIY Throttle body porting

n88accordLX-i
04-30-2002, 03:35 PM
anyone know how to bore the throttle body a bit bigger? ..i have a dremel to grind it out, but im not sure what to grind and where to grind

PhydeauX
04-30-2002, 05:49 PM
Thats not really a dyi unless you have access to a machine shop. All you do is make the bore bigger, but it needs to stay perfectly round and you need a bigger throttle plate to match the new bore diameter. Its close tolerance stuff and you really need a cnc setup to do it.

andy

n88accordLX-i
04-30-2002, 06:27 PM
well ive seen some websites with people who have done it with a dremel, just wonderin

PhydeauX
04-30-2002, 06:42 PM
I wonder what they actually managed to do with the dremel, maybe made the inlet to the tb bigger, but thats really pointless. The whole idea behind it is to get a bigge throttle plate, which would have to be custom made, and is involved (the edges need a certian degree of taper, its not just a flat copper disk) and the area where the plate sits has to be enlarged to accomodate the new plate. The tolerances are very very close and probalby couldn't be achieved even by expierenced hands with a dremil with out putting alot of time into it.

andy