PDA

View Full Version : okay now what?

88accordlx
06-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Okay i flipped the lid and im wondering what to do now, i have a little money and i was thinking about replacing some wires and hoses to get my engine looking nice, how does my idea sound
?

Afrosheen
06-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Depends on how much you want to spend. If you want to dress up the engine bay, start by cleaning everything with a toothbrush. Next get an APC or similar silicone hose dress up kit. They're hoses that you slip over your vacuum lines, etc. Then you get the colored wiring loom replacements to match. Next get the braided hose replacement for your radiator..there's a ton of stuff you can do to get the engine looking nice.

I'd turn to lighting if I were you. Got a really sweet bid going on Ebay right now :)

smufguy
06-08-2002, 07:33 AM
how about build a ram air hood for yourself? get a 3pc wire brush from pep boys, and clean it up real good. get a foaming engine degreaser, not the liquidy one, but the foam is better. try limiting the vacuum lines that do not help you and see if u can get some gain by it. take out the cruise if u want to. hehe, there is pretty much cleaning and moving/removin stuff if its not for performance gain.

ACCORD EX
06-08-2002, 08:06 AM
do the tuneup first !

wires NGK ( about 25 $ )
distributer cap 13 $
NGK spark plugs 1.5 $ each !
rotor ! about 10 $

this will restore lost power !

of course change the fuel filters and the air filter if you haven't done that yet !

MIKE

1988starter
06-10-2002, 06:00 PM
10 dollars for a rotor I got mine for about 3

smufguy
06-11-2002, 07:30 AM
and, oh yeah, when u change the oil next time, use what is called MOTORFLUSH. after that ( i am pretty sure u heard of this before) use engine restorer that is in a small siver can. It does make a huge difference once u add it. MY 3g, my sis 4g and my gf's corolla gts all had a distinct ride and engine noise (quieter) after that. i did not have any engine problems after adding it.

ssophab
06-12-2002, 11:34 AM
What vacuum hoses can you remove to get gain? Can you post pics of cars that have them removed?

Does anyone have an external fuel pump on their 3g? Any difference in performance? How to install??

smufguy
06-12-2002, 12:53 PM
i dont know if u can limit any vaccum hoses to the carb. I might be wrong, but i think u can. I dont know if it would give u much gain. Sorry to have mislead you. Some cars did come with external fuel pump. I dont think u would get much of a gain with having an external fuel pump. IT all depends on how much the pump can pass volume of liquid in a minute. And i dont think it would do much for carbs. Again, i might be wrong. but usually ppl with efi do get a high pressure injectors and a high volume fuel pump to add more performance and that is along with many mods.

ask mike (A20A1) he should know more about carbs.

ssophab
06-13-2002, 07:16 PM
Mine's fuel injected... can I limit vacuum hoses??

smufguy
06-13-2002, 07:32 PM
hehehe, u wish. the efi has already limited vacuum lines. only thing u can reduce is your cruise (cover the end on the TB). who ever uses the cruise nowadays? efi is a stand alone and computer operated so we got nothing to screw with except chips and shits. but on a carb, u can adjust the AF mixture, how much air u wanna get in, tune evertying there with a screwdriver. But always remember, if u love carbs just buy a webber. its worth it. I did not do it cause i just hate carbs (but i like it too :huh: ).