PDA

View Full Version : Redo On My Custom Tails, decisions to make.

HondaBoy
06-20-2003, 09:55 PM
ok, well last summer i made my clear tails. looked realy cool, but unfortuatly were illegal. i had some problems with the law. cops would pull me over and tell me about having no red for the light to shine through, and also no red reflector. im taking them apart right now and kinda want to redo the lens as well. i think i might try making them euro style with the round red parts. if i can find some that are cheaply priced, i think i will get them. also, they gotta fit into the space on the bottom. ill just have to measure first. im going to try finding some blinker things that have a round red lens at the parts store. i think it will turn out nice like that. has anybody used a red circle lens from one of those blinker things? i also will need to find one with a reflector entegrated in it. do yall think it would look good? i want to have some cool looking tails that are also legal. im probley going to look at Auto Zone ot look for some red circles. hope they dont cost much. ill of course post pix of that if i get it done. the only part of the lense im going to wanna redo is the one for the outside brake lamp. im going to try getting the edges more squared off cuz they are kinda rounded and dont look right. and i think i will put chrome tape inside to make them brighter to reflect on. sound good?

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-21-2003, 04:14 AM
i think you have a solid plan. before you mentioned using the round pieces, i was gonna mention using something like that. you might even be able to use those red plastic folders, you know. just have to cut them to the radius that you want. that's only if you can't find cheap enough ones at auto zone.

ryansaccord
06-21-2003, 09:15 AM
you can use the lights for like a trailer, i was gonna do the same thing, and found some circle trailer lights that you can pop off the lens, it looks just like the euro styles. But i was gonna do the same thing and decided just to mold in the euros from a 93 instead