PDA

View Full Version : Rear window goes down, not up (not the switch/fuse)

POS carb
06-21-2003, 06:26 AM
My car is pissing me off. After fixing my busted window in the front on wed. I went to work thurs. and my rear window would not roll back up. Luckily I still had the window bag so I didn't drown inside but when I got some time to mess with it I checked out a few thing.

What it does:
rolls down fine
no response going up
fuse is good
tried swapping the switch with another door's and it did the same thing
after getting a piece of wire I got it to roll up by touching the middle teminal on the switch to the top one. This would indicate a bad switch to me but WTF I tried 2 switches and it did the same thing and that switch would roll the front window up/down just fine

.:banghead: :wtf: :burn:

Trowa
06-21-2003, 03:41 PM
I had the same problem, and couldn't figure it out as well, changed the motor and switch, but the problem was in the wires that go between the door and the body of the car.
there's a socket there, check if the connection there is good, cause mine was oxidized and didn't contact.

Trowa
06-21-2003, 03:43 PM
hope that solves ur problem =)

cruznz
06-22-2003, 12:03 AM
certainly sounds like a wiring fault, a quick check with a test light or multi-meter will tell you

Justin86
06-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Does it do nothing going up or does it try at all. Mine will go down fine but acts like it is jamed going up. I'm going to replace the motor and that should be it.

meohmy01
06-22-2003, 11:11 AM
my 94 coupe does the same thing with the passenger window. but i can get it to up by reaching across the car and pushing the switch over there. i always thought it was the $80 switch master window switch.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
06-22-2003, 07:41 PM
mine is currently the same way. trowa was it the wireing on that door that it was messing up on? I can roll it down with the drivers switch and the passenger switch but I can't roll it back up with the drivers and I can with the passenger. I really don't understand...

Trowa
06-23-2003, 11:30 AM
OK, mine was that it only went down from the passenger side and didn't work any other way, not even from the master switch. Mine problem was that the yellow-green (not sure, maybe yellow-black) wire connection was real bad and that's what cause it. What u have to do is get like an ohm meter and test the wire coming out of ur master switch and to the switch on the passenger door, that's how i found which wire was bad. But there is a bundle of wires coming from the door and connecting to the body of the car, it connects through the socket, check if that socket is all good and not oxidized, cause mine was and the contacts basically rusted away, and that was my problem.

POS carb
06-24-2003, 06:02 PM
I probably put a screw through the wire or something, I dunno, I hope it isn't those wires that go through the door jamb, those are a bitch to get too

Trowa
06-24-2003, 06:13 PM
yeah, i was hoping to god that it wasn't the wires in the body, those ones would SO hard to get LOL