PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard

LXIHATCHRIDE
06-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Yo I finally went to the junkyard and I found a 88 LXI Hatch there black with grey interior and the interior was in great shape im buying the dash and was wonderin becasue of my car which is a 86 LXI hatch and the interior is the blue color can i paint my dash a different color or something becasue its not going to match let me know what i should do... Ideas Email me at [email protected] or talk to me on AIM Drummer6852 ok later

A Dawg Jr
06-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Before you install the new dash, just rub the thing down with a bunch of Rubbing Alcohol to clean it. Then get some vinyl dye in the color that you want and paint it, then install it.

rehv_Aerodeck86
06-21-2003, 06:27 PM
if the junkyard's 3g interior is in good shape , why not to change it all? :) ....like i did..down to the carpet

89AccordLvr
06-21-2003, 06:32 PM
how much u buy the dash for just so i can get an idea how much junkyards are chargin?

Sabz5150
06-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Was the carpet black? Is there any color combo that had a black carpet?

LXIHATCHRIDE
06-23-2003, 08:03 AM
The guy is chargin 150 for the frekin dash its grey and where can i get good interior dye or something that will last long off the internet give me some links or something i heard of a dye called SEM or something like that. The reason i need to paint my interior is because my interior is that blue and the dash is from a grey accord. The grey and the blue would look stupid. I want to do white or a crazy bright blue....:stupid:

toastyghost
06-23-2003, 08:48 PM
yo are you fuckin retarded? just paint your dash that's like $10 and a couple hours labor tops

sem vinyl coat is what i used on my interior and it is fucking dope just sand and use plastic prep before you paint.

easyryder
06-23-2003, 09:22 PM
Toastygoast Are YOU retarded or something else ???You don't sand a vinyl dash Ya goof!!!!!!! A Dawg Jr has the right start........Marhide also make a good vinyl dye

3G Jester
06-23-2003, 09:29 PM
88 accord RED hb's have black interior. the only year, the only make the only model. red exterior with red interior. some were made at the end of 88 and were released as 89's...even though they are really 88.

its what myself and a few other members of the board have. ironicly..most of us are named travis :D

easyryder
06-23-2003, 09:36 PM
3g Jester maybe right But in Canada the LX coupes got Black interiors depending on the outside color(That would be DX in the U.S.A.)

3G Jester
06-23-2003, 09:59 PM
you bastard canadians with your ex's and 2.0's

toastyghost
06-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by easyryder
Toastygoast Are YOU retarded or something else ???You don't sand a vinyl dash Ya goof!!!!!!!

dude, lick'em.. i'm talking a quick brushing with very high grit to roughen up the surface before chemical prep so that the paint adheres better. my interior was = max ownership.. figure out what you're talking about before you go dissing people and their techique, ya fuckin n00b

3G Jester
06-23-2003, 10:26 PM
simmer down simmer down.......toasty is right. no matter waht you paint sanding is the best prep. or a chemical sander for some aplications........

it gets the finish off the vinal so the paint adhears and gives it surface to grip too. also get a paint that wont chip when flexed. buy flex paint.

LXIHATCHRIDE
06-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Hey toasty you fagget go suck a dick you bitch you look like a fuckin fagget anyways!!!! People like you on this board are fuckin retared.

johndej
06-24-2003, 06:40 PM
"People like you on this board are fuckin retared." lol, you just made an ass out of yourself LXIHATCHRIDE. maybe you should look in a mirror and see whos making the board bad. i mean, whats w/ asking a question then bitching at someone trying to help.

LXIHATCHRIDE
11-05-2003, 06:38 AM
Im not even going to say anything to you coming at me like that He made the comment about being retarted ur the one thats retarted look at ur chick shes busted...

markmdz89hatch
11-05-2003, 07:45 AM
This shit stops here.

IF you guys need to continue this kindergarden argument, do it via PM, and not on this thread. Just remember personal attacks, on this thread, or via PM are not tolerated. LXI, you asked a question, I'm keeping this thread open only if it stays on topic from this point on. Toasty, same deal, keep on topic. That's all. Thread will remain un-edited b/c although you guys are bitching at eachother, it's mainly on topic.

danronian
11-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by LXIHATCHRIDE
The guy is chargin 150 for the frekin dash its grey and where can i get good interior dye or something that will last long off the internet give me some links or something i heard of a dye called SEM or something like that. The reason i need to paint my interior is because my interior is that blue and the dash is from a grey accord. The grey and the blue would look stupid. I want to do white or a crazy bright blue....:stupid:

$150 is way overpriced. One can be had around here for $20 from a u-pull-it. But since you already decided your going to paint your current one, I guess it doesnt matter either way. Before using dye on my malibu's dash I scrubbed it wish an all purpose bathroom cleaner about 3 times, changing water and rinsing with clean water every time. Then see if you can find either a paint prep or vinyl prep that won't melt the plastic and wipe it down with that. For my dash I just used the all purpose cleaner and dryed it thoroughly and made sure to wear latex gloves before dyeing it to make sure no grease from my hands got on the dash. I wouldnt suggest sanding only b/c I only ever sand hard plastic before I paint and a dash seems to be too soft to me, but thats just my opinion. If you do use vinyl spray dye make sure to do very light coats and only spray on as little as possible b/c the less dye the less suseptible it will be to chipping. Good Luck.