PDA

View Full Version : stiff stock 2.5 inch spring

dXsquared
06-21-2003, 10:03 PM
i need the stiffest stock spring that i can find... my coilovers are way too stiff... the front is OK but the rear is sooo stiff.. you hit a big bump at 60 MPH and the rear end almost flys off the road... no bounce.. but lots of shakes and bangs

Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Choose from this list. $55 per spring so $110 for the pair. I have no idea and neither does AMI how stiff your springs are now. So it's a tall order to pick the right stiffness for the rears to keep things in balance. If it was me I'd go with 250lbs rate, but no lower than 200lbs. From the sound of it your running 400lbs+ now. How tall were the rear springs before you installed them in the coilover system? That would be important info. You could always call Ground control and find out how tall the springs are they use in their own coilovers as a base line.

http://www.ground-control.com/gcers250.htm

dXsquared
06-21-2003, 10:22 PM
the ones that came with the kit were like 4.5 inches tall.. but it doesnt matter how long it is.. cuz the whole shock body is threaded

Travis

AZmike
06-22-2003, 01:10 AM
If you give me the wire diamater, coil diameter, number of active coils and the free length I should be able to come up with the rate of those mystery springs.