PDA

View Full Version : $500 +/- suspension budget...

bobafett
06-08-2002, 10:18 AM
alright, my grandparents are gonna hook me up with suspension stuff for graduation... and i have a limit if $500 (if i go over a bit, i can pay the diff...)

i want to do the H&R springs - (1.5 drop in back, 1.7 in front??)
and i remember a suggestion of tokicos in the back, and koni's in the front...

is this a quality suspension setup? and will i DESPERATELY need a camber correction kit right away??

if this seems suitable, let me know, otherwise, i would like to hear opinions.... but i dont want to lower my car any more than that... so please dont suggest it... :)

also, can i get links to the cheapest places to buy these parts?

Jims 86LXI HB
06-08-2002, 12:48 PM
Well I surpose if you absolutely want to be politicaly(ms) correct you'd use the same struts on all four corners. But several members have used different struts front to rear and haven't had a reason to complain. Heck I even did it for awhile. Problem was I went with a crappy brand as a test and paid for it when they went bad in 3K. And lets not forget, you can allways replace the rear tokico's in the future is your not happy, with rear koni's, nothing will prevent you from doing so latter.

Most of your questions have all ready been answered, including best price and where on the other thread you created.

www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1756

Let me spell out one thing. You DO NOT need camber correction with the setup your talking about, period

bobafett
06-08-2002, 04:09 PM
cool. thanks...

yeah i really didnt know if running different struts would be good or bad... but your right, i can always synch them up at a later time!

when i order these parts, do i just pick "1986 accord" or are they generic?

Jims 86LXI HB
06-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Yes the parts I mentioned are generic to all 3rd gen accords.