PDA

View Full Version : Facts on the Se-I...

Oz87Si
06-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Just wondering what all the fuss is about cos I'm not sure what the deal with an Se-I is. In australia, there is the Lx, Si and Ex available in the 3G. But what features does the Se-I have on an Lx and Si?

Hash_man_Se_i
06-22-2003, 11:33 PM
The Se-i has the more powerful Efi engine, 4 wheel disc brakes, Special edition mag wheels (can be seen in my sig.), Leather interior, 150 watt Bose stereo, Stereo controls on steering wheel, power everything, light gold tinted windows. And my Se-i came equiped with a trunk rack, I have never seen another 3g with one.

I probably missed some differences, which other people can fill in.

Check out my se-i in my signature.

K DASH
06-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Dont forget, Armrests, and better Strut bars.

carotman
06-22-2003, 11:55 PM
The SE-i is nothing compared to the JDM 2.0 si :)

89AcCOrDmike
06-23-2003, 12:01 AM
theres tons of 3geez around here with trunk racks

Elijah
06-23-2003, 12:34 AM
I had one with the trunk racks but I took them off.

offthahook
06-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man_Se_i
The Se-i has the more powerful Efi engine, 4 wheel disc brakes, Special edition mag wheels (can be seen in my sig.), Leather interior, 150 watt Bose stereo, Stereo controls on steering wheel, power everything, light gold tinted windows. And my Se-i came equiped with a trunk rack, I have never seen another 3g with one.

No. The Se-i has the exact same engine as the Lx-i, Same ECU as well. It did come standard with a dual tip muffler though... The intake and fuel system is the exact same as the lx-i's. If someone told you your engine is more powerful, they lied.

The se-i's came in special colors as well. Once again, the se-i is merely a cosmetically hopped up lx-i with 4 wheel disc brakes. Nice cars, BUT the leather cracks, the stereo is prone to failure (and a bitch to upgrade), and the rear calipers tend to freeze up. Trust me, I owned one....

Blue Impact
06-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man_Se_i

HOLY COW!!! BLACK SE-i SEDANS EXIST?!?!

blazin3gen
06-23-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
HOLY COW!!! BLACK SE-i SEDANS EXIST?!?!

yea dont u remember raunches :D

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by blazin3gen
yea dont u remember raunches :D

He painted his black.. U never wondered why it had grey interior?

Mike89Accordcom
06-24-2003, 12:00 AM
I put a ton of info on the SE-I in the FAQ section....

dosh8er
06-24-2003, 08:14 PM
yep, i thought i might as well post since this is an se-i related thread...

:D

http://198.109.252.75/~dosh8er/honda/dosh8er_89_se-i.jpg

I have a BLACK sedan as well... wtf is the deal with black anyway?

I agree on that whole Honda/Bose stereo system. What a bitch. Flat out Bitch. IF it worked when i got the car, then that would have been okay, but no.. i'd rather put something new in there anyway (i stopped listening to tapes LONG ago). I pulled apart my defunct amp in the rear and confirmed what I heard about bose putting bunk capacitors in their stuff. (BTW, i still have all the speakers, head unit, and amp intact, but not working. I figure somebody might give me the right price)

That leather is really pissing me off, since it's hard to match colorwise, if in fact i were to replace it. And since the leather got weathered and broke up, the foam inside is gone/broken down. (well, if you had somebody sitting no you for 200k miles you'd look worse!)

Yeah, se-i models have dual/forked downpipes coming off from the exhaust anifold as well as the aforementioned dual tip muffler.

Those 4-wheel disc brakes aren't a walk in the park either. I'm having troubles with my rears right now, and the fronts are doing the majority of the braking. I have already cracked 3 rotors (the 2 on there right now, and the 1 i replaced a couple months ago).

AND!!!

Insurance is a BIOTCH! It almost makes me regret paying that much... but then i get in and that goes away.

Summation:

Stick with an LX-i if you like to pay cheaper insurance, and want good seats.

Hey, hash_man_sei, is that pinstriping in that picture there, or just a reflection?

Hash_man_Se_i
06-25-2003, 12:01 AM
First off, yes that is pinstriping. And thanks to my good old sister, and me not being able to drive the car for a while, the pinstripe is starting to come off. So i want to replace it with a fairly simple stripe decal from Silentrage.net they have a shop here in Calgary.

No. The Se-i has the exact same engine as the Lx-i, Same ECU as well. It did come standard with a dual tip muffler though... The intake and fuel system is the exact same as the lx-i's. If someone told you your engine is more powerful, they lied.

Yes, i know they have the same engine, and here in Canada it is the Ex-i not Lx-i. I was just stating that they have the more powerful engine of the 2 3g engines which also is EFi.

And I dont know why everyone complains that much about problems with the Se-i, personally I have had next to none. The only real problem is that the radio won't hold its stations. But the speakers in the car sound just awesome. But now the seats are kinda starting to crack a bit. Is there anything that can be done to prevent it from getting worse?? And now i need a new front bumper thanks to my mom and my sister. They love hitting walls and such in parking lots! :(

I do wish however, that a new head unit could be put in without loosing the steering wheel controls. I could do it, but places want like $400 to do it.

Sorry for the long post.

dosh8er
06-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Hrm, theoretically it would depend on your setup and type of stereo, but I would wire something to the up and down volume buttons if they were so equipped (not a knob or any rotational device). I would have done this on my old stereo, but it went bad, long story.

And once the leather starts cracking, the only thing you can do is try and use some leather reconditioning goo, or whatever mothers makes, in that red bottle (what am i talking about, they all are in red bottles!). I doubt you can reverse the effects of time and wear on the leather, but keeping it from going farther is possible by keeping it regularly softened and conditioned with any of the good leather treatments out there.

blazin3gen
06-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
He painted his black.. U never wondered why it had grey interior?

i know! lol! he said black sei so i named a black se-i lol

Hash_man_Se_i
06-27-2003, 10:27 AM
OK, so now I am pissed off. I was vaccuming out the accord today, and there is a nice crack right through the leather in the back seat. and the drivers seat is almost to that pont. I am going to try to put some conditioning stuff on it, and maybe take it somewhere that can fix it up. But luckily, if it gets worse, my mom was talking about redoing the interior! :) hahaa I know, getting shit given to u rules. But i think its only because my sister is just a retard when it comes to cars, and since she has been driving the car it has started to go downhill.