PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-23-2003, 03:32 PM
i've had a couple people on here tell me that, they too had to replace their fuel pump. i found out that autozone carries them for like 70 bucks. what i don't know is wether i need to replace the fuel filter as well. i also wouldn't mind, someone who knows, if you can go over how to install, and what tools i'll need. no i don't have a torque wrench, if that is something that is needed. thanks VERY much for the help. i wanna get this done fairly soon, so i can cruise again.

BITESIZE
06-23-2003, 03:39 PM
You might as well replace your filter. You really don't need a torque wrench to do the pump or filter. Really isn't a necessity. I'm changing my pump this week and my filter I did about 3 months ago with a torque wrench. The fumes will get to ya. mmmmm.......

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-23-2003, 03:56 PM
write me and let me know what to look for. i appreciate your input. if you can, do a how-to so we can put it in the How-To section. there is nothing there on replacing fuel pump.

Blue Impact
06-23-2003, 09:53 PM
$70 for a brand new fuel pump is a STEAL. Kragens wanted $270 when I asked them. Anyways, I haven't changed my fuel filter yet so I wouldn't know what to tell you, but the pump is really easy.

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-24-2003, 05:09 AM
hey blue impact, it was racerx who told me about the 70 dollar fuel pump at autozone. why did you have to go through Kragens? Or was it just your preference to use them? oh, i'm not gonna buy a $270 part. i'm only getting 200 this week.

Blue Impact
06-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 89accord_lxi_coupe
hey blue impact, it was racerx who told me about the 70 dollar fuel pump at autozone. why did you have to go through Kragens? Or was it just your preference to use them? oh, i'm not gonna buy a $270 part. i'm only getting 200 this week.

I was just calling around to get me some prices for a brand new internal fuel pump.

BITESIZE
06-24-2003, 10:33 PM
Just go buy a Haynes Manual for $20. Best thing money can buy for our cars!

89accord_lxi_coupe
06-25-2003, 06:30 AM
I've got a Haynes manual already. I just wanted to know what to watch out for, before I begin.