PDA

View Full Version : So long...

86accord4dr
06-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Well it's been a thorn in my side for the last couple weeks. I finally traded the old 3 g away for a 2003 Hyundai Accent. The 3g was gonna cost me a grand to get road worthy again and then who knows what's gonna happen in the next winter.

It killed me to get rid of her but i got a sickeningly high trade-in value that i couldn't pass up. I'll still stop by here and there cuz you guys are super helpful on any questions i had. I'm still a 3g'er at heart.

Take car you guys, and hope you all have better luck with your rides than i did.

Peace,

Trowa
06-23-2003, 09:51 PM
man, u got a Hyundai...............Accent..................
i REALLY don't like hyundais, but then it's just me

pimp86LX
06-23-2003, 09:57 PM
hyundai's are just like hondas. Little tin can's with engines that go and go.

I had 324,00km on my 91' scoupe before it developed a single problem.

go hyundai

My Scoupe: (1991 Scoupe LS. 5spd, sunroof, A/C power windows)
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/accord/SCP2.jpg

blazin3gen
06-23-2003, 09:59 PM
good luck bro too bad the 3gee craped out but Hyundai's arent so bad there fuel efficient have Power what more do u want?!? anyways stick around dude and i believe that u will once again own a 3gee in your life time ;) good luck bro!!

Elijah
06-23-2003, 10:00 PM
How much did u get for ur car.Ya u don't have to leave just cause u don't got a 3G.

Blue Impact
06-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Elijah
Ya u don't have to leave just cause u don't got a 3G.

Very true that. You're always welcome here and you don't have to have a 3G Accord. Some people here don't even have a 3G.

Mike89Accordcom
06-24-2003, 12:02 AM
oh man an accent.........

Osiris
06-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Sorry bout your car. But what the hay. I say go and Turbo charge the Accent like they do in rallycross. Goooo Hyandai :lol

86accord4dr
06-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Lol. thanks for the awesome reception guys. I'm kinda sad that i didn't get on her earlier in my time with the 3g. Ah well. but hell yeah i said i'd hang around... why not, this IS the best automotive board on the 'net!

Yeah i got $1800 CDN for the trade. (that's around $750 US) And fuck if she was worth that. The front end needed to be swapped, the brakes weren't THAT bad but could use some new shoes, the body was pretty fucked, my dome light, headlight motors, cooling fan were all dead. (i rigged up the fan to a manual switch) the tranny bucked every once in a while and i was only getting 25mpg at BEST. in the winter it was something like 15mpg due to having to rev her to keep her going while warming up. But damn do i still love the 3g body style. Like i said in a previous post, I'd love to get my hands on a nice '89 SEI. But then again who wouldn't.

The accent wasn't my first choice but man i'm on a budget and the payments are good. I got the power options package and she's got the DOHC 1.6 powerplant, so power to weight she's pretty equal if not better than my stock 3g. Plus there's somewhat of an aftermarket support. At least i didn't get a Cavalier or Sunfire... eeeesh

Again, thanks for the nice words. I know it doesn't mean too much to you guys but i really appreciate the help i've gotten and i know where to come to get the right answers. TTYL.

TJ89Accord
06-24-2003, 05:15 PM
I dunno man, I have never liked hyundais. And they amost always have MANY problems. I would never buy one. But good luck to you. And I think I would rather have a cavelier instead of that...

tim

86accord4dr
06-24-2003, 06:23 PM
That's some bold fucking statement TJ... cavaliers are so ghey... especially when losers throw a street fighter or big mouth kit on it... eeeesh

johndej
06-24-2003, 07:12 PM
dude, don't you get like a pritty nice warrenty on them too? they have like that 10year/100,000 mile servis thing right?

86accord4dr
06-24-2003, 07:50 PM
yep. so really if something does go wrong i can get it fixed no prob. and i only plan on having it for the 5 years, then trade it up for something better. i'm really in a position that i need to build up my credit. this is a damn good way to do it

Silver86LX
06-26-2003, 07:34 PM
I think you made a good choice going with the Accent. I'd much rather have an Accent than a Sunfire or a Cavalier.

blazin3gen
06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
the hyundai's i like the best are the Tiburons yea those rule

TJ89Accord
06-26-2003, 08:39 PM
My brother was telling me about an ad that he saw for hyundais, it was like "Don't judge us by our past cars". Hahaha. It's all good man, buy what you want to buy. I just said that I don't like Hyundais, and everyone that I knew who had one hated it. I would rather have a Chevy than a Hyundai, and thats not saying much for Hyundai, cause I don't want a Chevy either...

tim

AccordEpicenter
06-27-2003, 03:56 AM
I agree the tiburons are sweet, and they are pretty fuel efficient and somewhat trouble free (for the newer hyundais only) I think honda has way better build quality and design