PDA

View Full Version : Brake fluid

swiftly_driven
06-24-2003, 09:51 AM
?

This may be a dumb question to ask, but I want to know if you are low on brake fluid, does it cause your steering to shake when you brake at high speeds.

holla back
:wtf:

MrBen
06-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Probably your balljoints, or warped rotors, or something else is loose/shot in your front suspension.

swiftly_driven
06-24-2003, 03:07 PM
So you think its my ball joints or warped rotors. I've just bought new rotors for my car about 3 months ago and bought lower ball joints for the front passenger side. Like right now, I am still having this problem. Do I need to buy new rotors again or new ball joints. I really want this problem to stop, because I am a speed demon. I want a smooth stop when I brake at high speeds. I mean I had the suspension checked and my mechanic told me that is was fine. I've had 1990 Honda civic and I never had rotors or ball joints problem. Someone tell me what the fuck is going on with my brake system...

holla back
:wtf: is going on???

Darkside
06-24-2003, 04:01 PM
Well not that it will help but, it just might. if you drain you brake fluid. And buy dot 5.1 non-synthetic and rebleed your brakes with that you should have a much firmer pedal feel. Also how did you break in your brake rotors when you got them? The shaking you are feeling is usually caused by warpped rotors and because you just replaced yours maybe it was during break in.Here is how I break in rotors:
use them slightly don't stand on them right away drive for 5- 10 minuets using them only when necessary. Then excellerate to 30 stomp em'. Then excellerate to 60 stomp em'. Then excellerate to 90 stomp em'. Now your pads are deffinetly seated and the rotors have been heated up and should be broken in fairly evenly.
Just my 2 cents. Even if this doen't correct the problem you will like the stiffer fluid. Darkside

swiftly_driven
06-24-2003, 07:30 PM
thanks, darkside. I will give that a try. so when you replace your brake rotors, your brake rotors will be warped until you break them in. I drive a lot on the highway and I would think that they would be seated already. I thought the mechanic breaks them in for you.

Darkside
06-25-2003, 09:29 AM
No your brake rotors warp when they get too hot on one spot it puts a wobble in them. The brake pads should be seated because you've been using them but, This is my stand by method. Also i run power stop slotted rotors. I think you'll really like the brake fluid. Great mod under $10. Darkside

swiftly_driven
06-30-2003, 09:48 AM
hey dark,

i bought new rotors, lower ball joints, and brake pads last week and had my mechanic install them. Guess what! I've had no problems braking now. My wheel doesn't shake not even a tremble. It's smooth. I was doing like 100mph and when I put my foot on the brake, I got a smooth stop. So I'm peace with my car now. When I put my rims on my whip, I'm going to show the club my car...It's tight.