PDA

View Full Version : My day at the junkyards.

3rdGenFanatic
06-24-2003, 06:00 PM
I went to a local junkyard and found an LX with an armrest.. not leather.. but any armrest is good enough for me. I grabbed the grill and studs off a carb to finish my intake, and found a honda emblem laying on the ground. Total cost: $10.00. Next, I went to the Pull-A-Part in Birmingham and scored a distributor cap for three bucks. I walked by the SE-i that dhcarss and pric had stripped and I mean STRIPPED. When I looked inside I laughed out loud. I went to walmart and got fabric to re-cover the armrest and autozone for vinyl paint and clearcoat. I got photo-paper and a 9" blue neon to get to work on paul's gauges as well. I have my work cut out for me this week. :D

johndej
06-24-2003, 06:46 PM
nice man, your day sounds just like mine. i went to our local place (just got a new shipment of cars). and found an unmolested LX-i w/ an armrest (missing the cup holder option sadly). i ended up taking the armrest, emblems, and grill piece (which i just noticed was cracked a bit more than i had thought). lucky the armrest is in great shape and i just washed it and stuck it on as soon as i got home. made it out for $10 too.

iloveJDMblackrims69
06-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Sweet ur in bama!?! You know where Oxford is?? Or anniston.........I use to live ion Oxford.......My favorite place I've ever lived!! Sorry I got off-topic here just curious!

3rdGenFanatic
06-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Yes, I know where both of them are. :) I was stranded in Anniston for three hours after a rave until my ride got there. Back before I got my trusty 3rd Gen. As of now, the armrest is repainted a smooth black with vinyl paint and has a few clearcoats. I've recovered the armpad with black imitation silk. I'll have pictures for you guys when I finish all of the work short of my system and paintjob.