PDA

View Full Version : broken hose

jerky_lxi
06-26-2003, 08:16 AM
ok i pulled into my garage, and got out of the car to hear a pop sound and then all this fluid started flying out of my grill. I opened the hood and saw just below the distributer a hose had green fluid flying out of it. It went all over everything, but i cleaned it all up. I need to replace the hose, but dont know what it is called. It is connected to a metal pipe that leads through the entire engine. What fluid came out so i can replace this, so i need to know this:
what the fluid was
What the hose is called

wthramann
06-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Sounds like coolant. Is the hose about 3 inches in diameter? Is the hose still attached at one end to the engine thermostat housing behind the distributor? Is there a hose attached to the top of the radiator?

88' Accord Ltd
06-26-2003, 10:12 AM
Yeah it also sounds like the coolant hose to me. Thats the top coolant hose, I've had it bust on me like 3 times.....thats what I get from using hoses from the junkyard! :)

NXRacer
06-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Good thing that guy wasnt driving when that happend. If he didnt know what the 'green fluid' is its a good chance he woulda run all the coolant out and f**ked his motor fo good.

wthramann - just to be picky, the coolant hoses arent 3 inches. They're actually about half that size. More like 1 1/2 inches.

make sure you tell the auto store that its either the upper or lower hose. They are different shapes/lengths.

wthramann
06-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Well I am glad to be corrected. I was going to say 2 inches but for some reason thought the Honda's were bigger than the Subarus. Anyway here is a link to majestic honda with a diagram, number 13 is the upper hose. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=2DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=RADIATOR+HOSE