PDA

View Full Version : Need Mod Suggestions for 88' Hatchback

85FieroGT
06-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Sorry for re-posting....but I felt like the previous title threw people off...please forgive me :bow:

Anyway....I am looking for some popular modifications that could be done to a 1988 Hatchback Honda Accord. Throw me anything! My friend and I could use any info at this point. We really wouldn't know where to begin. I have plenty of ideas for my Fiero but lack one for his Accord.

Post some pics if you wish...

THX! :D

86hatchbackLXi
06-26-2003, 11:43 AM
congrats, you are the millionth person to ask this question this week. you can do the same things you can do to any car, intake, headers, exhaust,NOS. and NO you CAN NOT GET altezzas or a kit for the hatch.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!

HostileJava
06-26-2003, 12:18 PM
What mods are you looking for? Performance or Appearance? I'm guessing appearance since that's the forum you posted in. Check out my site for some ideas. Just click on the www at the bottom of this post.

85FieroGT
06-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Oh my bad asshole...damn....sorry to burden you with my curiosity...you're the stupid fuck that wasted your time by clicking the thread...

Get a goddamn life and stop your bitchin'....

As for HostileJava...thx man...I will be sure to check it out...

Jims 86LXI HB
06-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 85FieroGT
Oh my bad asshole...damn....sorry to burden you with my curiosity...you're the stupid fuck that wasted your time by clicking the thread...

Get a goddamn life and stop your bitchin'....

I know your pissed, but talk like that will get you banned. Play by the rules please. It's a violation of member conduct.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-26-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 86hatchbackLXi
congrats, you are the millionth person to ask this question this week. you can do the same things you can do to any car, intake, headers, exhaust,NOS. and NO you CAN NOT GET altezzas or a kit for the hatch.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!

Jezz, yes yes yes we all know this question get's asked over and over. Not just because of not wanting or knowing about the search feature. At best all you should have said was, "this topic has been discused monthly, please run a search to find your answer". Or something like that.:werd:

MrBen
06-26-2003, 07:32 PM
:lol

You can get H4 conversion headlights (available on ebay cheap), you can lower it (springs are on ebay cheap), get some rims or hubcaps (ebay yet again), paint your tail lights red (look in How-To forum)... there are many things!

Oh yeah, nothing beats a WASHED, CLEANED, and WAXED car. Trust me... spend a weekend cleaning the hell out of your car -- engine bay, wheels, vacuuming, washing, shampooing, waxing, shining... you get the idea :)

85FieroGT
06-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Ok...I understand this is a vague question to try to answer...

But thanks for adding your input Ghetto...

markmdz89hatch
06-27-2003, 11:02 AM
Fiero, what sort of mods are you looking for?

Appearance? Performance?

Also, sounds stupid, but is it LX-i or DX? That really does make a big difference on which direction you could take it (appearance wise). Check out the pic in my sig. That's my DX hatch, if you have anything from that pic that you want me to explain at all, feel free to ask.

If you're looking for appearance mods, are you talking major body mods like body kits, tail grafting, shaving, headlight grafting, etc? Or (what I prefer) just the subtle appearance mods that only other members will be able to point out, but make others (who don't know the details of the car) just wonder why it looks better then the usual 3G that they see, but can't point out why.

Anyway, I have a whole sleu of pics posted all over the board. If you want any pics of particular parts I've modded, again, just ask, I'll hook you up as best I can.

Later man!

Admiral
06-27-2003, 11:48 AM
Mark im sure this is a dumb question but what is grafting?
thanks
Admiral

HondaManDan
06-29-2003, 06:11 PM
I suggest, Clear corners, clear turn signals, shaved trunk emblems, shaved mouldings, 2002 Pontiac Grand Am rear view mirrors, 1995 Pontiac TransPort Side skirts, Sleeper headlight conversion, JDM Tails, Rims, Hood Scoop or CF hood, Volks Wagen Rear Roof Antenna, and a front/rear end kit... 91-94 Integra kits will fit with minor modifications... So will 4G Accords, but it's not quite as square as the Integra kits and looks a little funny if not done right....

Then Paint... Nice Paint...

As for the engine... Could do a swap.... go for a SR20DET... LOL! Slap a couple of GReddy turbos on there, fuel rail, exhaust, intake, you'd be the most bitchin 3G on the street.

But on a serious note... Go for intake and exhaust first... you'll get the most noticible improvement and it's the easiest mod to do. After that go for ignition upgrades, this will help bring out more potency in the intake and exhaust mods...

After this It gets internal... Cam, pistons, gears, pulleys.

If you're a wild man and a welder, i'd suggest making a custom turbo manifold and ripping off a turbo from an old Volvo, Saab, or Dodge Lancer... Even something off a Mitsubishi or Nissan found in the local junkyard would suffice.

The amout you can do to ANY car is ENDLESS. Just have fun and dont go broke.

Later

markmdz89hatch
06-30-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Admiral
Mark im sure this is a dumb question but what is grafting?
thanks
Admiral

I'm not real sure if that is the proper term for it, but I just meant using tails and headlight from another car, or doing a custom tail/headlight with some cutting, welding, and a 'lotta luck.

Like what hondavtec did. He used 97-01 'lude headlights and tails and "grafted" them on his car.