PDA

View Full Version : KYB as second choice

stizle
06-26-2003, 11:30 AM
Now that i can no longer order the Koni's i went and got the KYB struts..

On opinion was this a good or bad decision is it goin to work with my Ractive coilovers or no????

i have to get the bounce out of the ride before i put my kit on!!

Jims 86LXI HB
06-26-2003, 11:36 AM
NO NO NO!!! GR-2's are the oem replacements, they are NO DIFFERENT than the stock struts. Just like the tokico's they should never be used on a lowered car. You can order the koni's, read my new post on the subject to get the details. Your other workable solution is to order Bilstein H.D. struts and have them revalved.

(not being mean, just VERY VERY serious:wave: )

stizle
06-26-2003, 03:27 PM
ur kidding me right i allready ordered them.

what should i do

they'll be at my shop tomorrow, the guy at the shop told me that with coilovers you can never really get the bounce out of the ride.

im pretty much shit out of luck huh!?!?

88LXi68
06-26-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by stizle
ur kidding me right i allready ordered them.

what should i do

they'll be at my shop tomorrow, the guy at the shop told me that with coilovers you can never really get the bounce out of the ride.

Thats BS! I got the bounce out of my ride and I am freakin slammed.

stizle
06-26-2003, 06:17 PM
u got koni's though dont you??

damn i wish i would of ordered them sooner. it really dont make sense to me that they would discontinue them knowing how many people on here alone are trying to get them. they got to be sellin like hotcakes since they are on back order. just dont make any sense!!!

Justin86
06-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Well you can try to see if they will take them back. Just say that you ordered the wrong ones or something. If that dosen't work try to sell them.

ICEMAN707
06-28-2003, 11:11 PM
well im glad i got a set of konis when i did. the ride is awesome and i wouldnt trade it for anything. anyways, i've been wondering about the 90-93 struts. i do some homework at the local junkyard sometimes when i have time and figure out ideas for custom work on my car. i came across the idea that maybe 90-93 integra struts would fit our cars. i see that they are identically similar and the springs are identical too. that would be cool if they fit cus that would mean we could put in 90-93 integra struts. that KYB AGX shock looks awesome. i would love to get a hold of those. but, i have to go back to the junkyard again and rip out the 90-93 integra strut/spring assembly and try to fit it in a 3gee they have there. anyways, i'll post back about this project once i find out.

ICEMAN707
06-28-2003, 11:15 PM
i think the only difference between the teg strut/spring assembly from the 3gee's are the strut mounts. the number of mounting bolts on the teg strut mount i think is only 2 on the rear ones while our 3gees have 4. but that can be easily fixed by using your 3gee strut mounts. but i'll go back to looking at this and keep everyone posted.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-29-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by ICEMAN707
i think the only difference between the teg strut/spring assembly from the 3gee's are the strut mounts. the number of mounting bolts on the teg strut mount i think is only 2 on the rear ones while our 3gees have 4. but that can be easily fixed by using your 3gee strut mounts. but i'll go back to looking at this and keep everyone posted.

Here's what you need to do. Pull the teg struts, at least 1 front and 1 rear. Then take them home and lay them next to 1 accord front and 1 accord rear. Then do the measuring. Compress all of them and measure from the top botton of the top strut rod threading to the center of the bottom mount bolt holes on the rear and for the fronts measure to the cast on stops that prevent the struts from sinking into the pinch forks. Then do the same measurement with the struts uncompressed. You'll also want to measure the height of the strut bodies as well. I did this with a pair of 94 civic struts, which equals 94+ tegs and we can't use those. I still hope the ealier one's might work.

89AccordLvr
06-29-2003, 07:45 AM
that would be real nice if teg struts would work they have so many out there

ICEMAN707
06-29-2003, 10:50 AM
yeah you can't have the strut tubes too short or you will mess up the valving inside by topping them out at rebound. also, you can't have them too long or you will bottom them out at bound. but i think it might be close. i'll look into it. i know acura is the luxury line of honda, maybe the 90-93 teg 4 door sedans were the luxury versions of the 3geez? maybe, who knows. if so, parts would be interchangeable.