PDA

View Full Version : need help asap please!

original2k
06-26-2003, 02:31 PM
ok guys to make a long story short, 2 of my wheel studs broke off last night! ALL DAY, i've been trying to figure out how to get them off and i still can't,

http://www.geocities.com/original2k/darn.txt

as u can see this is a problem.....
so after spending all day prying off the rotor i finally get to where i have to be and what happens!? i find that i can't get the studs out anyway becuz of this...

http://www.geocities.com/original2k/broken.txt

i gotta goto work tomorrow any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

:sadwave:

NXRacer
06-26-2003, 02:45 PM
I believe those are pressed in and you cant replace them without haveing the old ones pressed out and the new ones pressed in. Best bet is to go to a junk yard and get a new spindle. I believe (its been a while since i did brake work) that whole assembly that the rotor slides onto is one piece. Shouldnt be too expensive.

original2k
06-26-2003, 03:30 PM
well i hope that's not the case! lol, but i still have to get the spindle off to replace it anyway, shops are gonna charge me labor to do the work which will bring the total to about $200, which i don't wanna pay, so i bought a 32mm socket and i'm gonna try and take off that big nut in the middle....wish me luck....

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Did u hit a pot hole or something?

original2k
06-26-2003, 04:36 PM
no man i heard a noise last night as i was driving home
a rather loud knocking, wake up this morning and see 2 of my studs broken off, btw i couldn't get it off so it lookslike i'm gonna be headin to the shop....
:(

2Fast_Fiero
06-26-2003, 05:09 PM
That big ass bolt is kinda hard to get off, but set a air gun up to it and play with it for a while.

original2k
06-26-2003, 05:48 PM
yeah i definately am gonna have to invest into an airgun/compressor in the future, i'm gonna go ahead and take it to the shop as to what i hear the nut is spec'd at 134lbs or so, i actually moved the freakin car when i tried to do it myself, lol the ebrake was on and it was in first! man i gotta get that ebrake checked out, well thx every1 for their suggestions, but this time the right tool for the job was one i didn't have......

Osiris
06-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Its probaly too late for this info but i was told by a local shop that they would do the stud replacement for $20. Not to shabby. Just check around.

original2k
06-27-2003, 07:44 PM
u mean even after they take off the brakes and all that they won't charge u for labor? that's where the bulk is comming from

bambamky
07-20-2003, 09:07 AM
my fronts costed me $50 @ the yard I ahve good fronts and rears if you need any?
but I do all my own mechanical work!