PDA

View Full Version : My 3rd Gen might die :-(

Osiris
06-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Today i took my car to a friend who is a mechanic. And i got the worst news ever. He said that i have a dead piston, or at least no compression in one. I was so pissed when i heard that. :crying: :mad: I dont see myself having the money to have that repaired no time soon so ill probally rig it to run for now and sell it or park it.

Good thing tho, he has a 88 lxi that i can anything i want off of it except the header.:tongue:. I stole hella parts of that car and going back for more.:D

Silver86LX
06-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Man that sucks to hear your car is dying. It's always sad to hear that another one of our cars might be off the road soon. They'll be an endangered species soon!

HondaBoy
06-26-2003, 09:22 PM
if my engine dies, which is highly unlikely, i still wont get rid of my 3gee. ill probly keep it and put a new engine from the junkyard in. but lets hope that day never comes. unless i can put something with more HP like a teg motor or prelude.

Osiris
06-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Im not sure what im going to do yet. The guy has connections. Hes building a mystic cobra mustang for his nephew. can you say very rare car. And he knows a guy with a 89 civic running 13's. Point being i may be able to save it. But being that im low on money right now and i need a reliable vehicle now, i have to just drive till at least august with one dead cylinder, which is probaly bad for the engine in genaral. Im thinking new Honda tho, so ill still be in the family :lol

88 Accord DX
06-27-2003, 12:20 AM
mine has a dead cylinder too. i got it fixed though. i drove it for like 3 months without it though. when you get it fixed you will be like "whoa"

Osiris
06-27-2003, 12:31 AM
88 Accord LX: What did you do to fix it? Have the engine rebuilt or just rering the cylinders?

Remember i said this guy has a 88 LXI. I was wondering if anybody knew if that passenger side front fender panel would swap out with my 86 LX? If so does that mean i can swap the 88-89 side turn signals also.

As soon as i get to work on it, I will show you the parts i jacked :lol . Its mostly interior stuff because that car is FI and mine is Carb but he said i can have EVERYTHING so ill probaly take as much as i can fit into the trunk of my accord.

Is it true that 86-87's didnt come with lumbar support cuz mine doesnt have it but his does? Just wondering. If so, ill be stealing the seats too.

BTW... the 88 lxi is burgundy interior. mine is blue. so i was thinking while i had access to a full dash i can paint it black. :-)

AccordEpicenter
06-27-2003, 03:51 AM
No compression at all in that cylinder might be a broken rod, which is hazardous to keep running the engine with, it could have damaged alot of the lower half of the engine, but another (and probably more common) reason for not having compression in one cylinder is due to a broken valve. Ive seen it happen on a few hondas before, like my friends Honda Odyssy. His engine cracked half an intake valve face right off, voila, no compression in the #2 cylinder. He drove it a week and it woulda been fine for probably a month, he just got crappy gas milage. Id only give up my car if the body was wrecked, like in an accident or if it just rusted away, if it blew an engine or tranny, no biggie id just put one in.

Osiris
06-27-2003, 04:45 AM
Accord Epicenter: I was told that also that it may be a rod. He said basically wont know tho till i pull it apart and look. I guess i have somehting to do this weekend.