PDA

View Full Version : Car not Starting!!!

87pimpsterdocious
06-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey guys, my brother is having problems with his 86 hatchback fuel injected accord right now and i'm wondering if you might be able to help out. He says he was in traffic, going extremely slow (maybe 1/2 a mile in 30 min) and all of a sudden his idle went from about 1000-1500 to about 500-750ish and then his engine died. He looked at his gas gauge and it was a little below empty, but his light didn't come on (quite possibly a dead light). Anyway, now his car will not start and we're thinking it's the sediment at the bottom of the tank that's somehow not allowing his engine to get gas (it still cranks). Is there anything you guys know of that can be done about this, we're hoping it's not clogged injectors that need replacement (since as we speak he's stranded). Thanks a lot guys, help us out!

A20A1
06-26-2003, 11:50 PM
fill up the gas tank.... then get back to us

A20A1
06-26-2003, 11:52 PM
you may have dried the lines up so it may tak a while to restart even with the tank filled up.

87pimpsterdocious
06-27-2003, 12:00 AM
yeah, he put about $5 worth of gas in his car, and after a total of like 5 minutes of cranking (not all at once, of course) it's still not starting. any other ideas? or should he just keep trying? Thanks again

Also, have you ever heard about the sediment causing such problems?

A20A1
06-27-2003, 12:26 AM
yes it can cause problems... did you try checking the ecu code... I'm not sure what means what though.

cruznz
06-27-2003, 01:35 AM
you may need to put more fuel in the car if it has been run dry...
(dont know how much $5 gas gets you guy's, but it's stuff all gas for $5 here in NZ)......
try taking the fuel line off at the rail, hold a container under it and turn the ignition to on,you may need to jump the main relay or feed direct power to fuel pump.....see if the fuel comes thru.............remember,...be careful if you do this,..no naked flames....fire risk 'n all