PDA

View Full Version : Free Parts!!!

Osiris
06-27-2003, 12:40 AM
A friend of mine is parting out a white 88 lxi with burgundy interior and is giving me basically everything i want for free. My problem is that my 86 Lx is blue inside and out. How time consuming once i got his dash out would it be to paint the whole thing black?

His seats also have lumbar support which mine doesnt, and again the color issue. Are seats easily died or is there seat covers that are professinal lookin worth getting.

One more thing for now. Does the 88 passenger side front fender swap out with 86 models and if so, which corner turn signals would i use.

I allready got a butt load of interior parts so any suggestions are welcome while have it apart also.

:super: :super: :super: FREE ROCKS!!!:super: :super: :super:

A20A1
06-27-2003, 12:49 AM
you want 88-89 seats... lx or lxi... they both feel a lot better.

Osiris
06-27-2003, 12:54 AM
Yea thats what i thought too. Except one thing, the drivers side seat has like a piece of metal or plastic coming out of the outer edge. Is that hard to fix?

Any suggestions on what to do with the rest of the parts i listed and didnt list? I still have the whole car to myself for free except the engine, intake and headers. (engine is dead anyways)

iloveJDMblackrims69
06-27-2003, 11:57 AM
dude......... i wouldnt have said the word free............. now everybody from this board is gonna eventually ask you for something lol

NXRacer
06-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Wanna sell your dash? Mine is broken where the stereo is and i wanna get a new one. And my has burgandy interior!!!

pimp86LX
06-27-2003, 12:26 PM
hee hee got ball joints?

meohmy01
06-27-2003, 01:27 PM
why don't you just swap the whole interior? rather than dieing it.

blazin3gen
06-27-2003, 01:33 PM
can i get the lx-i center caps for free?(off the rims) lol

Mike's89AccordLX
06-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Can I get the sidemarkers for free plz. My zip code is 56001 for shipping details. thanks.

wprocomp
06-27-2003, 02:19 PM
:lol free!free!free! cant beat that osiris.

Osiris
06-27-2003, 03:06 PM
iloveJDMblackrims69 dude......... i wouldnt have said the word free............. now everybody from this board is gonna eventually ask you for something lol

you werent kidding iloveJDM. :lol

NXRacer:which part of the dash? im thinking of keeping that one and changing the color to black then taking mine out. Then ill get rid of mine. Your welcome to buy it.

pimp86lx: im sure he has ball joints. but i need to go back out there and check out the mechanical parts. Just go interior and cosmetic parts so far.

meohmy01: Cuz i dont want burgundy interior and some of the interior components on that car are not better than the ones i allready have. And by dying i just wanna dye the seats not the plastic pieces.

blazin3gen: lxi wheels where allready parted out when i got there:mad:

Mike's89AccordLX: one of the side markers are busted i beleive. cant remember right now. but if not i wanted to see if they would fit my car. if not i wouldnt mind getting rid of them.

I think that just about covers everybodys requests :lol :D

Any suggestions tho on some cool new ideas. Like im going to get the seats but i have the color issue.

blazin3gen
06-27-2003, 03:19 PM
DAMN! thanks anyway :wave:

Dave-hid
06-29-2003, 07:17 AM
do you still happen to have a radiator? how much?

Blue Impact
06-29-2003, 02:39 PM
Is it a coupe, sedan, or hatch? I'd be interested in coupe taillights, but I have a gut feeling that it's very likely for me to drive off the cliff than your friend having a coupe. :D

Mike's89AccordLX
06-29-2003, 03:09 PM
If it's busted I would still want them if you have a pics or if you can tell me if the housing of the signal is still ok. I don't care if the lense is broken.

NXRacer
06-30-2003, 09:22 AM
My dash is broken right around where the stereo goes. I dont know if just that part can be replaced or if you have to replace the whole thing. If you swap out dash's, check it out and see if just that part can be replaced. From what i've seen, it can't, but i may get lucky.

Thanks in advance!

Osiris
06-30-2003, 10:35 AM
Sorry it took so long to reply. But i havent been out to see the car again since last week. I will be going back out on tuesday probaly and let yall know whats going on.

A20A3nD15
06-30-2003, 11:00 AM
i have been told that all front 3G fenders are compatable with each other...

i am still looking for a match for a "seattle silver" driver side fender, cause im too lazy to paint one :)

Osiris
06-30-2003, 03:55 PM
A20: yea the bumpers are all compatible but i dont know for sure if the fenders are. If they are i wanna take the side turn signals out and just put them on mine. Ill guess ill see when i get to that point.

Dibbs
07-02-2003, 08:10 AM
what about the hood......I need a white hood. I live in Houston and I'm willing to drive to Waco to pick it up. That's how bad I do not want to paint.