PDA

View Full Version : help? maybe?

speedpenguin
06-27-2003, 09:22 AM
yah so, i'm new here, and so far i have to say this place is friggin' awesome.
i have a question, and i can't find the answer to it anywhere, so i'm posting it here cuz i don't know where else to post it.
i just got new windsheild spraynozzles. the kind with lights on'em.
yah, i know it's a pointless and ricey thing to do, but hell, they were pretty damn cheap and i like the look.
i put them in but i can't figure out where the hell i'm supposed to connect the wires to so they can light up. the instructions said to hook them to the "driving light switch" whatever the hell that is. i don't think it means the one next to the steering wheel.
i was wondering if anyone else had these or had some idea of how to hook them up, cuz i'm just lost right now. i'm learning about what i can do with this car, but i'm still a beginner and i don't know a lot (yet)

NXRacer
06-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Most people hook them up to a separate switch because in a lot of states (i know in oregon at least) the cops will give you shit for them if they are any color other then amber (even then they'll give you trouble). If you wire them to a separate switch you can flip them on and off without having to turn your headlights on/off.

ALTERED4
06-27-2003, 07:59 PM
read a post on another board about a girl getting a hefty fine and jail time (thats right, jail time) for using lighted squirters...

pimp86LX
06-27-2003, 08:14 PM
my buddy just got a wierd ticket the other day. he has multi coloured ones and got pulled over for blue....only blue is ilegal around here, so he switched them to green and the cop gave him a lesser fine. its all messed up.

MrBen
06-27-2003, 08:32 PM
I ran a black and white to the battery, and a black and white to the switch. Simple as that.

speedpenguin
06-28-2003, 09:07 AM
i think the legality depends on your jurisdiction.
in some places they're legal, and in some places they're not. the seperate switch is probably a good idea, though. thanks.
now away! away!

iloveJDMblackrims69
06-28-2003, 04:58 PM
hi speedpenguin.