PDA

View Full Version : for carotman and robt and specially yk86 and any one else

b20a86lude
06-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Hey guys i finally got my b20a and my manuel treansmisson im about to send it away to get cleaned to look like brand new wut i want to knwo i been reading throufgh these forums for like 7 months now and i knwo i forget alot but there are 4 questions i want yall to answer for me and dont say read through the forumscause just tell me i look up to yall 3 cause yall are the big doggs so answer my question please the 1st is what exact axles do i use sine i got a prelude the 2nd is what distrubutor do i use i have the b20a sdistrubtor and a 86 integra distrubtor which one would be best and 2nd what starter do i use 3rd where do i get the gaskets from a japense store or for the b20a5 which one? 4th do i use the b20a5 water pump and oil pump ans belt tensioner and pulley and 5ht question which igntion wires do i use someone said integra but i dont think so i need to knaow for sure cause it didnt come with igntion wires thank you i hope i get all these questions answered and rightly answerd thnx for all yall support and help thanks garret ill show all of yall pic lata

NXRacer
06-27-2003, 03:51 PM
:pissed: Learn to use some fackn punctuation! You'll get good replies and not FLAMED if you do. It makes you look like yo momma got with her brother and had YOU! :burn:

congrats on the B20a procurement tho. I'm jealous........:bow:

CARBurn
06-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Well I'm not carotman, Yk86, or Rob but I can provide some help on some the questions you have. I'm also in the process of getting ready a JDM B18a motor and have come across the same type of questions. Those who are more experienced in this particular swap please correct me if I'm wrong on something.

1) You should be able to use your stock accord axles. With the intermediate shaft on the b20a, you can have equal length axles by using two right side axles.

2) distributor/starter-Do you know if your B20a is vacuum advanced or electronic advanced? If it is electronic advanced then you should use the Teg distributor.

3) Carotman and Rob have found several places to get gaskets: Elwis.com, bgautomotive.co.uk, and japaneseparts.com are some the places that have gaskets. On elwis.com and bgautomotive.co.uk list the JDM b20a and USDM B20a5 as the same part number for gaskets, so this maybe something to look into.

4) The waterpump from the USDM B20a5 will fit(confirmed on YK's site). I don't know about oil pump and belt tensioner.

5) Ignition- Looking at Yk's site, the ignition wires from the 86-89 integra should fit.

Hoped that answered some of your questions.

L3G10N
06-29-2003, 07:19 AM
the water pump gear of the b20a5 are smaller than the b20aJDM, so if you want to use the b20a5 water pump, you'll have to do like Yazu and change your cam gear and crankshaft gear too for the b20a5 parts. Me and Carotman are looking to get a b20a5 water pump and change the shaft/gear with the b20a water pump. It's possible but how......

distributor, you'll take the Teg86 distributor only if you want to go carburated.(like me)

Axles, as carburn told you, with the intermediate shaft of the b20a, you'll be able to use to right axle of the accord a20a.

For the starter, i don't know because i have stock B20AJDM starter.

For the Gasket, i'm talking with a guy from Honda Longueuil(Quebec, Canada), maybe i'll be able to get a good price for them.

As you can see, my engine was almost complete when i've bought it :super:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/densoucy/clubaccordquebec/myproject/DSCF0004sm.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/densoucy/clubaccordquebec/myproject/DSCF0005sm1.jpg http://www3.sympatico.ca/densoucy/clubaccordquebec/myproject/DSCF0006sm1.jpg

CARBurn
06-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Oh, I didn't know Yasu had swapped some parts from the b20a5 motor. It sounds like the gears between the two should be able to be exchanged. I'll have to look into that myself.

L3gion, could you ask if that honda place may have timing belts as well?

Thanks for the info.

wprocomp
06-29-2003, 04:18 PM
hey L3G10N are you having any probs with the carb setup, i.e. linkage,fuel delivery etc.? And what carb are you running with it?

RobT5580
06-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Damn that motor is pretty complete.

The axles can be different since you have a prelude so they may not be the same as ours but basically as someone else said if your using a intermediate shaft then you will just need 2 passenger side axles for your car. The starter is the same as an A20A3 automatic tranny starter. As far as gaskets the company yasu found in Japan seems to be a very reasonable place to order from and it should only take a week to get them shipped here. I have not used them yet but i will be when the time comes. Here is the link and all you need to do is email them OEM Honda part #'s and he will email you back a quote with shipping. A lot of prices are somewhere in this forum for reference along with part numbers.

http://210.150.108.106/~spiosk/parts/e-info.htm

L3G10N
06-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by wprocomp
hey L3G10N are you having any probs with the carb setup, i.e. linkage,fuel delivery etc.? And what carb are you running with it? [/B]

I can't answer you for the moment cause i'm rebuilding the engine completly but i can tell you that i'll run dual 40Dcom weber with a custom Manifold. I won't be able to answer you before this winter.... but you can ask to accordSI. He have a b20a running dual weber.

Originally posted by CARBurn
Oh, I didn't know Yasu had swapped some parts from the b20a5 motor. It sounds like the gears between the two should be able to be exchanged. I'll have to look into that myself.

L3gion, could you ask if that honda place may have timing belts as well?

Thanks for the info.

I'll be able to tell you maybe this week or the next one. I need one too. Mine look ok but i won't take a chance.