PDA

View Full Version : Does DC Sports make mufflers for 89 Accord LXi's?

Bloodlust
06-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Does anyone know if DC Sports makes a performance muffler for a 1989 Honda Accord LXi? If so, where can I get one? Thanks.

:flip: -Bloodlust- :flip:

89AccordLvr
06-27-2003, 07:06 PM
mufflers itself are all universal but if your talkin bout the whole exhaust system they discontiued a long time ago

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-27-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Bloodlust
Does anyone know if DC Sports makes a performance muffler for a 1989 Honda Accord LXi? If so, where can I get one? Thanks.

:flip: -Bloodlust- :flip:

any performance part you need get from Racing Impulse. They won't steer you wrong!!~ Ok Nosferatu!

Jims 86LXI HB
06-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordLvr
mufflers itself are all universal but if your talkin bout the whole exhaust system they discontiued a long time ago

They did a trial production run of 30, a long long time ago And that was it, they'll never make anymore. I question if all 30 even made it to the public, no one has ever seen a car equipped with one. Live or in a junkyard. It would be real safe to say they pretty much don't exist.

Any time we've found them listed avaliable for sale, it's been the same story, no have got discontinued.

bboipinoy112
06-27-2003, 08:50 PM
racing impulse ?

Bloodlust
06-28-2003, 05:54 AM
What is the address for Racing Impulse?

89AccordLvr
06-28-2003, 09:25 AM
look for a 3geez screen name of OLDschoolSwap, he owns the business you should be able to fine it in the market place.

wikkedv15
06-28-2003, 10:12 AM
OLDSCHOOLSWAP OWNZ JOO!

OldSchoolSwap
06-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Yes, i own "RacingImpulse" :)

DC does not make any that i know of.
Our only choice right now is PaceSetters in terms of complete exaust systems. I do not know of another company that would make them.

If you find a muffler or a complete system, let me know and i'll try to beat the price. I do not get generic brand mufflers, only quality stuff that i know you will be happy with (just an fyi).

NXRacer
06-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Its seems to me that any decent muffler shop can put one together for close to the same price as a bolt-in system. That way you can customize it to your exact prefs. Just my $.02

OldSchoolSwap
06-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
Its seems to me that any decent muffler shop can put one together for close to the same price as a bolt-in system. That way you can customize it to your exact prefs. Just my $.02
I second that :)

89AccordLvr
06-30-2003, 09:09 PM
hey oldschool what brands you have that got titanium mufflers and/or carbon fiber mufflers wit titanium tips?

NXRacer
07-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by 89AccordLvr
hey oldschool what brands you have that got titanium mufflers and/or carbon fiber mufflers wit titanium tips?

:rice: Why would you shell out all that extra money for nothing? Or does the titanium and CF make a diff? ;)

88LXiHB
07-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
:rice: Why would you shell out all that extra money for nothing? Or does the titanium and CF make a diff? ;)

I don't see how it could help with just the muffler, but a FULL titanium system is good for less weight.

JIC makes a full titanium system for the 350Z that weighs 12lbs. Stock 305 system = 48lbs. Even the regular stainless steel system from JIC weighs 17lbs.

Less weight on the car, less weight for the engine to move. ;)

Justin86
07-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Yea but Titaniam is expensive. Trust me I have a 2k Titaniam rod in my leg. It can be cheaper it just depends on the application.

88LXiHB
07-05-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Justin86
Yea but Titaniam is expensive. Trust me I have a 2k Titaniam rod in my leg. It can be cheaper it just depends on the application.

I don't see what you're getting at...No one said it was cheap, but I would gladly shell out the extra cash to drop 36lbs off of something that the car HAS to have...

Jims 86LXI HB
07-05-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 88LXiHB
I don't see what you're getting at...No one said it was cheap, but I would gladly shell out the extra cash to drop 36lbs off of something that the car HAS to have...

I get your point against his. But knowing sorta what you'd honestly pay, your not being honest about the "I would gladly shell out the extra cash". A guy like you with a car like yours, always,.....always,..........has more important stuff to buy vs spending a ton of money for fractional performance gain. I'm sure you can rattle off a ton of mod's to do for allot less money that will gain you REAL performance vs what sheading 36lbs would gain you. I love a good point being delivered, but I think you kinda missed the mark that's all.:wave:

Morpheus
07-05-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
They did a trial production run of 30, a long long time ago And that was it, they'll never make anymore. I question if all 30 even made it to the public, no one has ever seen a car equipped with one. Live or in a junkyard. It would be real safe to say they pretty much don't exist.

Any time we've found them listed avaliable for sale, it's been the same story, no have got discontinued.

Ooooooh.
Someone should find one and remanufacture it.
Rare 3gee parts :eek:

wprocomp
07-05-2003, 12:23 PM
well if 30 were made that means they are out there somewhere,or they got cut up and used for something else...I wonder if they were for 4 or 2 door accords?

iloveJDMblackrims69
07-05-2003, 05:25 PM
GUYS.......I didn't wanna tell you guys this.......but yes......I have #24 of the 30 DC sports full exhaust systems made.......It's in my attic.....I was waiting till I get another 3 g......:D

JP :flipa:

nolliethebum
07-05-2003, 06:32 PM
i'd just cop an a'pexi or skunk2 muffler (the universal ones) :werd:

meangreenLXi
07-05-2003, 07:07 PM
good choice

88LXiHB
07-06-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
I get your point against his. But knowing sorta what you'd honestly pay, your not being honest about the "I would gladly shell out the extra cash". A guy like you with a car like yours, always,.....always,..........has more important stuff to buy vs spending a ton of money for fractional performance gain. I'm sure you can rattle off a ton of mod's to do for allot less money that will gain you REAL performance vs what sheading 36lbs would gain you. I love a good point being delivered, but I think you kinda missed the mark that's all.:wave:

HKS makes one for the DSMs, around a $1000. Now me having a stock exhaust (just dumping out of the O2 housing; Poor mans 3 inch) I WOULD drop the grand on the system. I can honestly say this, because I'm trying to get my car as light as possible...I have no interior/sound deadening from the front seats back, more to come out once I get un-lazy. I'm looking into some GAB Supersports 16x8, 16lbs, the "12lb" exhaust would rock, the gains wouldn't really be minimal, since I technically AM still on the stocker...What I'm getting at is this: If I had the grand to drop on my car, I would get the exhaust. I NEED the exhaust, even it I found other parts for a grand that would give me more HP, it would be like a Supra guy passing up a DP for an AFC; THe AFC will help him alot, but the DP is a MUST HAVE...