PDA

View Full Version : antenna and seatbelt!!

nanaimo_honda_accord
06-09-2002, 12:09 PM
well ever since i have had my car the antenna buttom werks cuz i can hear it but it doesnt go up and down. what do i do to fix this? i looked under the dash and pressed the button and i can hear it making a noise but i can not clearly see where it is coming from. is this where it might be unconnected?? i know with my last car, 88 prelude, that when i replaced the power antenna i just had to slide it down the hole and make it go up and down until it connected up. so how do i fix this problem?? also, my front driver side seatbelt always gets jammed. i notice that i have to brake first then after braking it will become loose and i can put on my seatbelt, any ideas on this problem as well???

ACCORD EX
06-10-2002, 11:51 AM
man i lost hope fixin the damn antenna ! the same thing exactly happens to me the motor should be located above the clutch pedal , but i am not in themood to get down there and search ! tell me if you find anything ! :D

MIKE

CoAsTeR
06-10-2002, 01:48 PM
hahaha... DOES ANYONE HAVE A WORKING POWER ANTENNA?!?! ahhaa.. every single one I've seen won't go down because the antenna is slightly bent. You'll hear the motor workin' away but the antenna just won't budge. I don't know what honda was thinking when they designed the antenna's, its only natural for em' to bend on an angle like that!

Einstein
06-10-2002, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah mines broke... pushing the switch makes clicking sounds.

Some things aren't worth fixing, I can live with an antenna that's always up.

Now if it was broke off, I'd get a new antenna. Seems like too much work, too.

ACCORD EX
06-11-2002, 12:42 AM
:lol :D
the same replies i got when i asked the question ! :D :D

MIKE

88DXcoupe
06-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Just be like us DX bastards and have it permanently up!!!

monsonhonda
06-11-2002, 11:42 AM
dx bastads, it about time you owen up to yer short comings, lol
just kidding.
mine had trouble going up and down, then one day i went to lean on my car and my hand caught the antenna, it doesnt go down verry well now...
but heck, i dont even have it plugged in, i foregot when i installed my system.
but that doesnt matter, my cars on jack stands because it need a new crossmember.
so nothing matters, heh
whatever, antennas suck, they should all e little satelite dishes built into the cars and satelite radio should be included in state tax.

later

fussell

smufguy
06-12-2002, 06:38 PM
mine is in perfect condition. goes up and down perfectly, it used to stick at times, and its cause there was not grease in it. after i applied some general purpose lithium grease in it, its like brand new. hehehe, i am sure i am not the only guy who has a working pwr antenna. dude, its probably the wire loop in your antenna that is broke (snapped) i will see if i can find anything in the junk to replace it. The same thing happened to my aunt's J30T, we saw how it was set up. The antenna is in the trunk and is power, but the plastic loop (they call is wire or cable) snapped.

any glitch with your seatbelts, go to the dealer and fix it. they have a lifetime warrenty on the seatbelts for any reasons they wont function properly.

smufguy
06-12-2002, 06:45 PM
removing the antenna and motor is simple, but takes time.

1. remove dash

2. The antenna pwr motor is located on the driver side near the cruise unit.

3. unhook the joint pins, then disconnect the cable from the antenna motor

4. connect a piece of thread or thin wire to the cable at the motor end.

5. remove the mounting screw on the top of the car (the black thing with a screw).

6. pull the antenna out theu the A pillar.

I am sure that the new antenna comes with the telescoping metal leads and the cable attacted to it. cause the lead cable is on the top most part of the telescope. IT should nto be expensive, but i can find one at the junk if someone really reallly needs it. It should not be more than 10 bucks.

Afrosheen
06-12-2002, 09:31 PM
What smurfguy said about the seatbelts is true. Honda has to make sure the seatbelts work perfectly for life and it was actually part of a factory recall for our cars. The Honda dealership has to fix it free of charge.

ACCORD EX
06-13-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by smufguy
removing the antenna and motor is simple, but takes time.

1. remove dash

what an easy thing ! a peace of cake ! :flipa: :D :p

MIKE

MoonScryer
06-13-2002, 04:01 AM
Mine on the SEi works, but since it's on bricks and is a piece of junk, it don't matter :D

If you want a replacement, the Honda dealership can get them, but it's a pain to put a new antenna into the motor feed. If you know someone small, have them get in the drivers footwell and put it in the motor catch. :p

CoAsTeR
06-13-2002, 12:07 PM
HAHHAHAHA @ ACCORD EX..... I was going to reply with something of the same nature hahaha, but I didn't have time :D I'm glad someone filled in for my sarcastic ass :stick:

reminds me of those Haynes manuals....

Step 1.

Remove Transmission

:eek: :confused: :mad:

Afrosheen
06-13-2002, 07:16 PM
LOL no shit, Haynes manuals are HORRIBLE :mad: Everytime I go to do something complicated I get retarded instructions like these:

1. Remove the heater core and anything attached to it.
2. Check hoses for cracking and softness, replace if necessary.
3. Reassemle everything. Installation is the opposite of removal.

Fuckin' geniuses that wrote this crap in a day. :huh:

smufguy
06-13-2002, 07:16 PM
it takes 10 to 15 mts to remove the dash. I took it out by myself today in 12 mts, yep timed it too. Me and my friend had a bet that i had to do it under 20 mts cause when i was taking mine out, we both struggled for 45 mts. 3 bolts and 4 screws. beat me up, i will do it again. beat me again, i will do it one more time:flipa:

monsonhonda
06-15-2002, 12:08 PM
i have the chilton manual, pretty much the same as the hayes manual, buth are like "if you turn the key and your car doesnt start go to page 5372"....p.5372 "if your battery is conected and your car still doesnt work turn to page 1", p.1"contact your honda dealer for repairs".
I gotta get one of those all might service manual things.

peace

fussell

superaccord
06-15-2002, 12:27 PM
:sadwave: my antenna is broke too:sadwave:

offthahook
06-15-2002, 01:05 PM
Our antenna motora are good, it's the cheap ass plastic mast that fails. It has teeth that are supposed to wrap around a gear, but get weak with time and don't catch right. Then, you hear the grind of the motor turning and the plastic teeth not cactching. Horrible design and $$$$ to fix.