PDA

View Full Version : Security Code...

K DASH
06-27-2003, 10:43 PM
My friend gave me his headunit beacause he just got a new MP3 one. He got it professionally installed so he doesnt have the wiring harness for it, and i was so excited because I dont have a CD headunit and its a Kenwood KDC-V6017
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/content/product/image/large/kdc-v6017-pink_g.jpg
Wich arent cheap, So I went out and bought a wiring harness for 20 bucks and started connecting wires and turn it on, ..code? Security code?:confused: So I ask my friend what it is....he forgot...and he doesnt have any of his origional documentation.....oh shit:huh: ...so Basically I'm screwed now

so my question is, is there really anything I can do to get it working??:crying:

shepherd79
06-28-2003, 03:24 AM
well, you can call the Kenwood and for $50 they can tell you the code.
Or you can sit down and try to find the code. i think it is only 1000 or 10000 combinations.

K DASH
06-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Wha? Kenwood can tell you the code? How does that work....

shepherd79
06-28-2003, 12:46 PM
my friend got the same HU. She called the Kenwood and they told her the code. I don't know how it works. You will have to call them.
I guess they will compare the serial number with their database and tell you the code. Oh yeah, you will have to pay for that too. Nothing is Free in The USA.

K DASH
06-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Interesting. I read the manual for it online and it said that you have to set the code yourself when you first turn it on.

Is there a time period where the code would just erase itself because of the time period it hasnt been activated?

The headunit was inactive for about a month.

HostileJava
06-29-2003, 04:23 AM
I wonder if the code is stored in flash memory or if it's volitale. Maybe you can pull the unit apart and find a battery that's keeping the code stored in memory.

K DASH
06-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Yeah, thats what I was thinking, if it was just some sort of battery, I could just pull it out and put it back in and set my own code.

Anyone have any ideas?

shepherd79
06-29-2003, 04:51 PM
try taking it apart.
there could be battery.

MrBen
06-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Well the password is *software* controlled. I'll just plant that idea in your head.

K DASH
06-29-2003, 07:56 PM
Alright, I took it apart, and I couldnt find any sort of battery but I did find that it still has a CD in it, Dru Hill "Enter the Dru" Haha.

So, if its software that means theres no battery to flash?