PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Controler

HondaManDan
06-29-2003, 10:54 AM
hey guys, is there a way to change how high the flip ups come up??? I was thinking about doing either a pontiac or integra headlight conversion. Basically taking out the hokey square light and swapping in smaller round, or square lights... The Pontiac lights are off an early 90's Grand Am... they're like 2x4 Inches... and if not that then i'd use some 97 round integra lights.... HOWEVER the only way that they'd work and look cool is if the hood to the headlight only opened the height of the light... THis way when it opens only the light pokes out rather than it lifting up all the way to reveal the big empty hood.

Is there a way to control how high the hood goes? Like half hight? I think personally half hight would be about perfect, maybe even a little high, but it'd look better than having the light shoot all the way up in the air.

Thanks

Chrome_thangs
06-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Umm...........Sure!! :huh:

Admiral
06-29-2003, 01:38 PM
I think if you wanted to do that you would have to put in more than a new controler b/c the honda controler is set up for honda retractor motor I'm not sure but if you stick a pontiac controler in it might not know what to do with the retractor motors. Sound like a more TrailandError, WrenchTime, and $$$ than i would want to waste. . . then again I'm trying to get the headlights to wink while the light is on so I cant getaway with calling you a crackpot.
I'd look into seeing if Pontiac retractor motors would fit the Honda retractors and putting in both Pontiac Controler and Motors.
Let us Know how it goes!

Admiral
Don't let me

RobT5580
06-29-2003, 02:41 PM
They do sell controllers to adjust how far they open. If i remember right options auto salon sold something like that.
www.optauto.com

HondaManDan
06-29-2003, 02:47 PM
The Pontiac doesnt have a flip up.... im just talking about the lights themselves... not the housing and whatnot.... i was just wondering if there's a way to alter the stock motor or a way to alter the control arms that run the box up and down so that it only goes up so far.... know what I mean???

A20A1
06-29-2003, 03:22 PM
search for tilt controllers for a nissan 240... or headlight controllers.

thats the only car I've seen the control box advertised for