PDA

View Full Version : dynoed

ryan88lxi
06-29-2003, 10:30 PM
ok, this is a long story. anyways, i took my car yesterday to get dynoed at inlinepro in springfield (www.inlinepro.com) the dyno in the picture is the one my car was on. anways, i took it yesterday. the first run was a measly 104 at the wheels. i almost cried lol. after that, he took off the filter on my short ram and took a pipe he had laying around and put it on the end of my pipe to extend it to the front of the car (cold air) that brought it up to 108. so theres your difference between short ram and CAI right there. after that i asked him if he could mess around with the timing to get any more power out of it, he actually noticed the timing was slightly retarded. he set it straight and ran it again, then advanced it and ran it again. the final result was 118 with the cold air to the wheels. very weak for the amount of money i have in it and all the gude stuff. i was talking to the guy and he knows his shit, they do swaps on all cars and have several drag civics. anyways, he said gudes work is decent but in comparison to other companies, is not up to par, which pisses me off pretty bad because i paid 1650 for my intake manifold, throttle body, cam and cylinder head. they told me over the phone to expect 35 hp to the wheels,bullshit. dont buy the gude package, waste of money, maybe 15 - 20 hp to the wheels for 1650, rip off!! anyways, i have the rest of my hacked up prelude intake that i am going to turn into a cold air to suck out all the power i can. i need to get a battery relocatoin kit to put the battery in the trunk but i dont know where to ground the negative cable, any help?
also, i have the dyno chart on a floppy if anyone wants to upload it on this thread. the dyno was 117$$ so i pretty much paid 117 for 10 hp to the wheels, good deal! it was only supposed to be 3 runs and he should have charged me 60 for tuning it up, but he was cool and he didnt. ok i think thats it, seeya

Accord7SE_i
06-30-2003, 04:54 AM
Um......LOL....how to say this....if you got all that stuff on your car that you say you do then you should be way higher then 118!

88LXi68
06-30-2003, 05:32 AM
ehh those numbers are not tooo bad. If you look at Openloop's numbers with their A20 they only made 129whp on their first pass. On their best run they made 140whp because they have an adjustable cam gear. You should look into getting one of those and that will uncork a good amount of HP. They are trying to get a group buy for some in the performance section for like $120. What kind of torque did you get and can you post the graph??

http://openloopmotorsports.com/dyno2.jpg

guaynabo89
06-30-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Accord7SE_i
Um......LOL....how to say this....if you got all that stuff on your car that you say you do then you should be way higher then 118!

Actually the fuel injected models aren't all that mod friendly. It's very dificult to extract power on the efi models. That's why you should really look at funsticks project or some other stand alone efi system to get the most out of it. Its probably worht more than the car but thas the cost if you want to make hp.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-30-2003, 08:30 AM
IMO, this is a case against buying the GUDE package, not a case against the all motor A20. My point would be the openloop car and the results they dyno'd. Sadly eveytime GUDE has been brought up on this board I have spoken up that they are not a place to do business with, cause they leave a wake of pissed off people whom made the mistake of trusting them. Sorry to see another victim, you have the right to exspect what was promised.

On thing that catch's my eye, your exhaust system. I'd think your the only one that could justify 2.5" piping what with the special head work and the cam and all. But with your lower than exspected numbers I can't help but look at the pipe diameter and wonder if 2.25" would have done better from a exhaust gas volocity stand point.

Mike's89AccordLX
06-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Man I really want to buy a adjustable cam gear but I'm going to be getting the jdm b20a in a month so I don't know if I will even get the money out of it when I sell my motor complete to someone. Oh and if anyone is looking to buy my motor with all my mods make me a resonable offer. Motor and 5 speed tranny. PM me and I will tell you what's new on it and what was repaired and what not. But it will be awhile before I have the b20 in my car so if you need time to save up and want it this perfect for you.

ryan88lxi
06-30-2003, 09:32 AM
would the cam gear make a noticeable increase in power? it seems weird that it would becaue its a 282 cam. im not sure if i can post the graph, lemme try . . . i duno how to put it on here, its a bmp file, but yeah i do have all the stuff i say i do and its bs that the power is that low. what does the openloop cord have done to it? if anyone wants me to send it to them so they can post it on this thread, i can do that. the top poewr is actually 116 i think tourque is about the same. and any help with the battery?? thanks

88LXi68
06-30-2003, 09:57 AM
send me the graph [email protected]

Tha adjustable cam gear itself doesnt do add anything until you tune it on a dyno. The whole idea behind the adjustable cam gear is to advance or retard the cam timing which in turns makes horsepower. To do this you would need to dyno again.

bobafett
06-30-2003, 11:14 AM
i remember somone here dyno'd 90whp after some mods... so maybe the gude package DID give him that hp after all..

"200hp" eclipses dyno at like 140-160whp so its not like this is unbelievable. and his car is still quicker than most of us~ :)

Justin86
06-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Once you do some more fine tunning you will start to see better results. Also when you dynoed did you have the stock 13's on or a bigger rims, cause that will make a differnece.

wickedaccord
06-30-2003, 12:12 PM
socal3rdgen dynoed out 118whp with i believe 105lbs of tq to the wheels at the last SO CAL MEET. that was with short ram intake and catback exhaust.

bolinkxr's b20a dynoed out 130whp or maybe a little higher. but this was posted in the engine swap section awhile back. check it out.

obviously gude didnt put ur motor together very well. well they didnt put it together.. but basically not a very effective.. set up. but in the end.. give ur self a pad in the back. u picked up ur balls from the floor achieved for power. atleast u tried and hey, now uve helped out even more ppl to realize that gude suck ass. props to u for even going through with it and taking the headache.

:bow: jon

ryan88lxi
06-30-2003, 01:23 PM
i know that a cam gear doesnt do anything with out tuning it. what i ment is that i talked to gude over the phone and he said the cam doesnt realy need a cam gear to get more power out of it, although he also told me that i would get 35whp, so i dont know. im pretty much at the end of the rope with this car, ive done everything i can do short of a turbo or pistons and rods. i COULD do a turbo, the cylinder head can handle up to 11.1:1 compression, and i think its at 8.8 right now, so i could handle a pretty hefty dose of boost. the only problem is everything would have to be custom and it would be about 4 grand or so, but i mean, i might as well seeing as im 10 grand into this thing, i could sell it and get maybe 5500 if im lucky, why take such a loss, i might as well put another 4grand into it and be happy with it, tell me your thoughts. i sent the graph to that dude by the way

ryan88lxi
06-30-2003, 01:25 PM
the rims were stock 14s

AccordEpicenter
06-30-2003, 02:20 PM
Time to go turbo. Also, if youre looking for a good ground location, use the rear shock mount, just put the ring terminal under one of the nuts for the shocks and tighten it down... its an excellent ground.

88LXi68
06-30-2003, 03:41 PM
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/349000-349999/349572_43_full.jpg

AccordSi
06-30-2003, 04:11 PM
My guess would be a definite bump up in compression. With that package you need to have more than a sub 10:1 compression ratio.

just my 2 cents

ryan88lxi
06-30-2003, 04:58 PM
well guess what everybody, it doesnt fucking matter anymore because about 2 hours ago i was driving on the interstate and a dodge dakota kicked up a 30 pound piece of metal into my grille and caused major frame damage and took out my radiator, so once again, my piece of fucking shit is in the shop for the next 2 or more months, fuck it, im selling it, this car is bad luck

Mike's89AccordLX
06-30-2003, 05:00 PM
damn that sucks dude. Wanna sell anything?

turfnnsurf
06-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Ryan,

Can I ask if you had the car Dynoed before the Gude upgrades???
If so, what was the base HP before???? Reason I am asking is that it is very possible that the gude package did give you the 35 hp to the wheels if your base WHP was around 85 or so...

ryan88lxi
06-30-2003, 09:00 PM
no, it wasnt dynoed before. and im sure it wasnt 85 whp, thats disgustingly slow and i know it wasnt that slow before all the new engine and gude shit. anyways, im selling it for 5500. im gonna fixthe radiator and the frame damage really isnt all that bad, just dents where the metal hit it. if no one will give me 5500k then i guess ill keep it. and i dont want to hear anything about it not being wrth that much b/c it is, ive put well over 8 thousand into that hting not including the price to buy it in the first place

POS carb
06-30-2003, 09:10 PM
how does a cam gear on a SOHC 4banger add 11whp? Fucked up cam timing?

1988starter
07-01-2003, 10:00 AM
ryan check your pm

ryan88lxi
07-01-2003, 02:51 PM
alright, so i took it to my shop, its getting a new a/c condensor, new bumper, new paint, new bumper signal and ANOTHER new radiator. and i think maybe one of the fans. so who wants it? 5500 is my price. tel me if any one is interested thanks

Sean
07-01-2003, 03:37 PM
hmm me thinks the gude cam isnt lashed properly

ryan88lxi
07-01-2003, 04:54 PM
what is the price of the openloop cam gear for a group buy? 5500,any takers?