PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Coolant

paynt3r
06-30-2003, 08:01 AM
I have a 89 Accord LXI, the motor is bone stock. No major modifications. It has approx 261,000 miles. For some reason, the motor is spitting out radiator fluid from under the EFI somewhere. The only problem is that it is not constant! It only does it when the motor is warm, and shut off. After driving home after work, once the motor is turned off it will spit out about a quart of coolant. While looking for the leak, I found one of the hoses that runs from a "T" Fitting to the underside of the EFI was badly cracking. I assumed this was the probem, and replaced it. Well the car still has the issue. Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone have an idea of what to check? This problem has me completely Flustered!

TIA
Doug

A20A1
06-30-2003, 12:49 PM
the metal water pipe on efi's has 2 small coolant lines... both hidded under the intake manifold.

paynt3r
07-01-2003, 03:33 AM
I believe that I have allready replaced one of them. A friend that is a mechanic is lending me a special radiator cap that makes it so that I can hook my air compressor up to the system and see if I can find the leak that way.