PDA

View Full Version : can i remove the middle brake light

86accordhatchback
06-30-2003, 02:34 PM
the brake light in the car in the middle you know. it doesn't work anyway. it's never gonna work again. cuz everytime i replace the bulb it breaks right when i turn the stereo on. and the damn thing rattles lika a sob. so if i just cut it off. can i do that?

shepherd79
06-30-2003, 03:50 PM
yeah, but i think it is illigal to drive without one.

86accordhatchback
06-30-2003, 04:11 PM
even if both the ones on the taillights work?

Mike's89AccordLX
06-30-2003, 04:12 PM
If you have a spoiler with a brake light it won't be illegal. That's what I plan to do when I got a nice spoiler.

POS carb
06-30-2003, 09:02 PM
my car doesn't have the light and I've never been sited for it (yea I've ben pulled over, at night too) the only shit is that stupid brake lamp failure indicator on the dash is bugging me

88' Accord Ltd
07-01-2003, 10:07 AM
I never even had one on my 86 LX, only the tails lit up for the brakes..

86accordhatchback
07-01-2003, 10:39 AM
thanx for the replys. it's comin off. it hasn't worked for over a month and nothins ever been said about it. and it doesnt seem to matter if it's on or not. so it's comin off. maybe that'll get rid of some of the rattlin in my car

86accordhatchback
07-01-2003, 10:40 AM
and i know wut you mean about the dashboard light. everyone always asks if my trunks open or sumthin. annoying as hell.

HostileJava
07-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I've got a loose wire and my left break light doesn't always work. Everyone is like what's that red light mean. I think they think my car is going to blow up :)

NXRacer
07-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Ive thought about doing that cause i have a spoiler with a light in it and think having 2 3rd brake lights is dumb. I was thinking that if you get a resister from radio shack or something that has the same resistance as a lightbulb, you may be able to plug it in to the light plug and eliminate your light, but it wont light up the light on your console........maybe somebody with a lilttle more electronics knowledge then me may be able to clarify things.

87DXHatch
07-01-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 86accordhatchback
and i know wut you mean about the dashboard light. everyone always asks if my trunks open or sumthin. annoying as hell.

lol, I know exactly what you mean... one of my taillights is out, because the plastic brackets that hold them into the trunk are broken (from previous owner) and it banged around enough to take out the bulb.

I've been thinking of totally eliminating the lights on my trunk lid, and smoothing it over, and re-locating my back up lights...