PDA

View Full Version : New B-Series Heads on JDM B20A Block

Dibbs
07-01-2003, 03:35 AM
I was wanting to get an explaination as to why current b-series heads (B16A2, B18C5) will not fit on the JDM B20A motors that fit our Accords.

Dibbs
07-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Bueller......Bueller.......anyone?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Dibbie
Bueller......Bueller.......anyone?

If it were easily possible, they would be doing it right now!

carotman
07-02-2003, 02:16 PM
I honestly didn't take the time co compare both heads. However, the 1st gen B20A is similar to the 2nd gen B20A. The 2nd gen B20A has it's head bolts farther apart (front and rear) than the newer B series but they are the same from left to right.

You can modify the head to make it fit. You will need a custom gasket so ensure proper sealing.

Dibbs
07-03-2003, 06:22 AM
I'll start off w/ saying that I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I was just trying to be funny and judging by the response, I did not succeed. In all reality, I was just trying to refresh the thread so it didn't drop too far down the line to where it might not be read.

Appreciate the help carotman. Given what you said, it doesn't sound too out of scope to accomplish. Smells like a project to me. What I would really like to see is some pics/diagrams of the heads to get a better idea of what I'm looking at. If any of you B20A guys out there can hook me up w/ that, it would be appreciated.

Also, what about the fluid lines, would they line up?

toastyghost
07-07-2003, 09:09 PM
It's very possible, similar to the Ludespeed B20A5/VTEC conversion from what I understand. Tom was not pleased with the gains for the money and discontinued it. I'm thinking that coupled with the B18A destroke idea (thanks Carot, you rule btw), it might work better since VTEC affects primarily the upper part of the powerband. If the engine can rev higher, then there will be more RPM for the second cam profile to operate.

carotman
07-08-2003, 03:30 AM
Yup, that's exactly what I think. That would basicaly make an LS Vtec :)

toastyghost
07-08-2003, 06:52 AM
Yeah but with an Accord block, that makes it cooler :D

And not to mention cheaper since you don't need a bunch of PRI shit to do it.