PDA

View Full Version : how tos?

88lxicoupe
06-09-2002, 06:22 PM
there should be a how to on painting ur valve cover and lowering ur car because i dont want to screw it up

87accordlx
06-09-2002, 07:59 PM
ummm... there is a how to on lowering your car
and the valve cover is pretty simple, clean it really good, sand it and paint it with engine paint

hope this helps

Jims 86LXI HB
06-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 88lxicoupe
there should be a how to on painting ur valve cover and lowering ur car because i dont want to screw it up

Kinda funny I just finished painting a valve cover I purchased off a member that was stripped for me. If you follow standard good practices for painting, you've pretty much got it down. I would only stress that anyone really, really work on removing all traces of oil off the finish.

Their is a how to for installing new struts yourself, it is EXCELLENT!!! However it really isn't possible to do a how to for selecting the right parts for lowering for obvious reasons.

If you or anyone needs additional help on either one of these topics, feel free to ask here on the board, or sent me a pm. And I'll be happy to offer my help. And no you won't be bothering me, it's what I do here.;)

88lxicoupe
06-10-2002, 05:57 PM
if i take my valve cover off to paint it dont i have to get a new gasket? and i painted my drums and calipers today now i just need better rims cause u cant really see them well. and if i lower my car i need a cambridge kit or sumthing like that?? what does it do and how much r they?

89AccordNate
06-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Yeah they have cambridge kits in massachusetts only. Their free at mass. local town store. I think you get like a flag, a map of the school and a pencil?

Nate.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by 88lxicoupe
if i take my valve cover off to paint it dont i have to get a new gasket? and i painted my drums and calipers today now i just need better rims cause u cant really see them well. and if i lower my car i need a cambridge kit or sumthing like that?? what does it do and how much r they?

I'd replace the valve cover gasket and the 3 gromits under the bolts that hold the cover in place. If I were you I'd go to the junk yard and pull a valve cover and paint that. It will take a awfull long time to do the painting right. You wouldn't want your car out of commision that long. Honda is the best place to get the gasket and gromits, I paid less then if I'd went to autozone, and they could not get me the gromits.

Camber kits are needed for the front when you drop your car more that 1.5" As you lower your car past that the tires will be at a angle, camber kits fix that. You might need camber correction in the rear as well if you go past a 2" drop.

Afrosheen
06-11-2002, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 89AccordNate
[B]Yeah they have cambridge kits in massachusetts only. Their free at mass. local town store. I think you get like a flag, a map of the school and a pencil?

Yeuuu can get cahmbridge kits for your caaah only on the 4th of July in Mass. Darn tootin'.

Naw what Jim said is right, 100%. Valve cover grommets are impossible to find so head to your local dealership and get them cheap. Might as well get the gasket there too if it's affordable (plus you'll know for a fact you got the right part, not all auto shops have the right shit in their database).

88WhiteLX-i
06-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Afrosheen
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 89AccordNate
[B]Yeah they have cambridge kits in massachusetts only. Their free at mass. local town store. I think you get like a flag, a map of the school and a pencil?

Yeuuu can get cahmbridge kits for your caaah only on the 4th of July in Mass. Darn tootin'.

Naw what Jim said is right, 100%. Valve cover grommets are impossible to find so head to your local dealership and get them cheap. Might as well get the gasket there too if it's affordable (plus you'll know for a fact you got the right part, not all auto shops have the right shit in their database).

That's funny because the dealers around here suck at ordering the right part, I've been to 2 dealers and both times they have given me the wrong part. ANd What the fuck kind of accent was that?? Sounds like you grew up in fucking Georgia...:flip: :flipa: :flip: :flip:

staticpat
06-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 88WhiteLX-i

ANd What the fuck kind of accent was that?? Sounds like you grew up in fucking Georgia...

aren't you from mass? i lived there for 4 years, and i think the accent it pretty accurate. course i came from the western hick portion.

Afrosheen
06-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Boston accent I guess, and the westside reprazents like that. The dealerships here in Dallas are dope, they get it right every time. Even when they do an oil change they'll tell you if anything looks fucked up and refill your wiper fluid, etc.

88WhiteLX-i
06-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by staticpat

aren't you from mass? i lived there for 4 years, and i think the accent it pretty accurate. course i came from the western hick portion.

yeah iam from mass, but I don't talk like that....