PDA

View Full Version : carpet Cleaning

Honda_pride
07-01-2003, 05:40 PM
I just received my 3ge honda accord from my mom as my first car, its an 87 lx. I was going to just sell it and save up for a newer one. Until my cousin told me if you trick them out there awesome. Also not to many losers have one. So it a work in progress. It coming together quite good except for like grease and oil stains on my seats and carpet. Any tips in to how to get them out. Also I need to know where to get some custom parts online or some where near St. Louis.

-please help james

dXsquared
07-01-2003, 06:38 PM
find a carpet cleaner that does homes.. they usually will clean the carpet in the car as well as the seats...

that would be the best way...

Travis

dXsquared
07-01-2003, 06:39 PM
oh.. i meant like a person with a big van with hoses and shit.. not like a carpet cleaner that comes in a bottle

Travis

Lee Oz
09-03-2003, 12:17 PM
If you can get you hands on some "Quick & Brite" mix two table spoon of it with 16oz of water and spray it on there. the oil stains will come out right away weather then been there ten mins or ten years.

-Lee
88 Accord DX 2BBL

Cyric_accord
09-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah, or I used some of that oxyclean stuff my mom had and It got rid of the stains of my carpet, but I don't think they were oil or grease... if you want parts, check www.nopionline.com or www.ptuning.com or www.jcwhitney.com or... there's tonz out there

zero.counter
09-03-2003, 04:14 PM
JC Whitney offers replacement extra plush carpets for $159 plus shipping.

Oxy clean, or even Somple Green will take the oil out but make sure that you blot the stains out. Then shampoo after words.

danronian
09-17-2003, 05:36 AM
I was just trying that oxyclean on my seats and it majorly sucks. I would either use hand soap "goop" to get the grease/oil, and rent a upholstry steam vac for the rest. I cleaned one seat in 4 hrs with oxyclean and goop vs 1/2hr with the steam vac, which actually made it alot cleaner then the 4hr seat.