PDA

View Full Version : Brighter Head Lights

HondaBoy
07-01-2003, 10:08 PM
ive had my H4 conversions since december 02. i want some brighter bulbs for it and realy dont know which ones would be the best. i realy dont give a shit about colors. like some people want headlights that are blue in color. but i realy dont car about color, but car about how much of that light is visable at night. the GE super blues i have are alright, but they are starting to fade out. they arent as bright as they were when they were new. i think probley PIAA is one of the best brands i could buy. but Eurolite bulbs are pretty good too, i guess. i know i wont be buying APC cuz they are shitty anyway. the dont shine for crap. i was wondering what yall have in your H4 conversions? tell me wut works for u and what doesnt. the things i hate about some lights is driving at night when the dont shine good enough. i like the ones that are in my 02 accord. they are stanley halogens and shine very bright and white. this could also be because of the chrome reflectors. anyway, im hoping yall can hlep me out in telling me the best bulb to get.

ICEMAN707
07-02-2003, 12:57 AM
your quote "keep it honda, keep it asian" should have been the answer to your question. get NOKYA brand H4 hyperwhites.

cdscowboy
07-02-2003, 10:44 AM
I had Nokya's and I was disappointed in their performance. I had blue one (hyperwhite?? i dunno) and they didn't light worth shit. I have PIAA Xtreme Whites, and they're REALLY nice...I highly recommend them. I also recommend if you're getting quality bulbs that you get a set of covers that I make. PM for details, or run a search for "conversion covers". I don't have time to run it right now....sorry!!

HondaBoy
07-05-2003, 12:31 PM
yeah, im going to make those bulb sheild things so the water doesnt get into the the housing. my easy solution is leaving them up over night. i havent had any water since. i was thinking about those PIAAs cuz they look very bright on some cars ive seen with them. someone that live by me has a mid 90s small blazer with them in. they looked so much like HIDs that i had to ask. they are very bright and dont look all shitty and just dim blue like some that APC puts out. there were some at this place here that are imported from Japan. i think they are like golden type, so i dont know how they look. they are halogen and have that multi-color clear coating. i can get those for $20 for the pair. i might try those. and how about Eurolite? this guy at Circuit City told me he has some in his truck that were realy nice and bright. but im sceptical about that, cuz there is that tinted coating on them that is blue, green, and purple. so i dont know what my best bet is on new lights.

Defiant[YD]
07-06-2003, 11:34 AM
i got eurolight bulbs. $20 CAN for the pair. It's white, but i don't think it's as white as raybrig or piaa's. but for 20 bucks, hell yah. they don't really give a mondo blue light too. but if u want more blue with em, just install some blue parking lights with ur conversion that go under the headlight bulb.