PDA

View Full Version : Another Carb Question

Radobound
07-02-2003, 03:20 AM
Hey Everyone! I've been looking on this section for the past 2 days hoping to find someone wiht a similar problem like mine. In the morning, when you start the car, it goes up to 2500-3000 then dies. Start it again, and it idles normally. After about 5mins., it drops slightly below 1000 and is okay. Start to drive it and at the first time you slow down, it dies. Start it again, and it idles rough, give it gas and it acts like its not getting any. Honda has replaced the carb and the fuel filter (by the tank), I replaced the fuel pump and fuel cutoff relay. Could really use some help. Maybe I missed the posting that is similar to my problem. Thanks, this site is the greatest!!

A20A1
07-03-2003, 03:25 PM
sounds like a vacuum leak...

How is your oil and coolant level?

shepherd79
07-03-2003, 04:01 PM
i have to agree with mike. it sounds like vacuum leak. check your vacuum hoses.

Radobound
07-04-2003, 03:52 AM
Coolant levels and oil levels are good (I just recently replaced my oil pan with a modified pan due to stripped threads!) The funniest thing happened the day before. I replaced the auxiliary fuel filter and the PCV valve and guess what? It now idles and runs normally. Drove the car over 50 miles to work (each way-what a commute!), and she performed great! I will monitor the car's performance over the next few days and I will take the car to the shop next week to check the vacuum (I'm a newbie tech @Honda!). Thanks for all of your help and I'll keep you guys updated.

njpeter
07-04-2003, 05:06 AM
and that qualifies as a vaccum leak. Have fun at the job