PDA

View Full Version : SANJAYS CAR - JUST READ THIS AND CONTRIBUTE - A little something for everyone

sanjay
07-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Hey everyone, you can check out my car at:

sanjay.ozimpact.com

Otherwise, I have some issues that require resolving.
I hope that you guys ALL contribute and discuss about the following.

* Airfilter

I just got a "drop-in" k&n airfilter. It's a panel filter that you can replace the old filter with, same location, same size. the code # is something like 33 - 532313 or something, I could go to the garage and have a look at the package but it's too late in the night for that.

It doesn't sound any louder. It doesn't go any harder. It cost me $100 Australia ($50 US).

* Sunroof

I have a leaky sunroof. Whenever it rains really heavily, water collects in the sunroof area. I also have prominent rust in this area. My poor car has cancer :(
(from the FAQ) I cleaned out the drains as best as I could (the front drains) but I maxed out the length of the coathanger. I dunno what to do. I couldn't find the rear drains (thats if they even exist). Some help here would be greatly appreciated.
My poor girlfriend gets a back full of water every time it rains.... pooor girl.

* Lowering

My friend has a 20 valve 96' Corolla. It's nice as and lowered to the poo. I know that Jim has posted heaps of info on this, just curious and what you guys opinions are.

* Mods of this board & this board in general

I think that if Marc and them want you to become a mod, then you'll be asked. I also think you need to put your hand up to let them know you want to be asked.

I also think this board is getting kinda bland, as everyone is moving onto bigger and better especially faster things...
let's face it, the 3 gee is a dying breed....

A lot of members have sold, love or are in the process of selling their car. Including me, - mine's for sale.

* Speed

I really doubt our cars are as fast as some of you guys make it out to be. I have a A20A4 engine with an auto tranny in a 4 door accord. I think my car runs 20 seconds on the quarter.
I really don't think a stock auto lx-i will run 17seconds, let alone a manual. Please, some real times... no bs.

*Bodykits & Lips

I was looking into getting a bodykit. But the cost of one here is like half the price of the car!! - flag that one off....
I know that you can get a CRX front lip cut it in half, attach to bottom of front spoiler and fill middle, but does it look that flash? hard? out of place? scraping?

Anyways, i've had enough. I'm tired.
I'll chat with you guys soon.
Laters, and in the words of someone else on this board,

"keep tuning...."

cdscowboy
07-02-2003, 10:39 AM
You won't gain a lot from a replacement stock filter. Get a short ram or cold air intake (CAI would make a much larger difference).

I don't know where the hoses go, but the rear drains for the sunroof run down the back pillars alongside the rear window. As big of a pain in the ass as it is, you could take off the headliner, drop the sunroof down, and clean them out that way. Or, you might look in your repair manual. You might be able to find a better way to get to it.

Corolla sounds nice...not really my thing though.

I agree about the mod issue. But the 3g is a dying breed, which makes them more special to those that actually care for them. They're still very good cars for being 14+ yrs. old.

I believe I've seen times in the high teens for the quarter on here. Don't remember exactly what they are. Run a search maybe?

The CRX lip looks hella good. I think Mantis has it all the way around his car, and it looks really clean. It takes some work and Bondo, but it's worth it.

Oh, and always tuning is the way to be :)

Hash_man_Se_i
07-02-2003, 10:39 AM
It doesn't sound any louder. It doesn't go any harder. It cost me $100 Australia ($50 US).

First of all, I think you paid too much. Mine was like 50$ or maybe a bit more, but that is Canadian $$. And they usually won't make ur car faster at all, but it will improve your gas mileage.

86AccordLxi
07-02-2003, 11:09 AM
For the sunroof: Pull out the hard plastic lining crap in the trunk in front of the rear wheel wells. There you'll see a hose on each side that runs into the wheel well. Pull out the hose and you'll see a black rubber thing at the end of it. Pull out the rubber thing and that should fix your leaking problem.

Alex

Morpheus
07-02-2003, 04:05 PM
you shoudl do MT conversion

sanjay
07-02-2003, 04:13 PM
I am ultimate "low-cash". I think a lot of young people who own cars are in this "low-cash" bracket.

Everything that we used to get excited about as a group, now seems to be boring because all the newbies ask the same q's that we once asked. ....

I think I did pay a little on the high side, but it's a k&n filter.... I think i was mainly paying for the name.

I'd love to do a MT conversion but - low cash.

Should I bother saving for an alarm and lowering springs and struts?? I dunno, i'd really love to have keyless entry.

Thanks for the reply's, keep them comming...

Jims 86LXI HB
07-02-2003, 07:07 PM
I have no idea what struts are avaliable for a 20 valve 96' Corolla. Hopefully you can get one of these struts, listed in order of cost. KYB AGX, Tokico Illumina, Bilstein Sports or Koni sports. Last resort would be Koni reds.

Curious, where'd the call for moderator interest come from?

Jims 86LXI HB
07-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by sanjay

I also think this board is getting kinda bland, as everyone is moving onto bigger and better especially faster things...
let's face it, the 3 gee is a dying breed....

A lot of members have sold, love or are in the process of selling their car. Including me, - mine's for sale.

Ya know the only time I see people say this board is bland always seams to come from someone getting ready to start something to spice it up. Thing is they end up causing allot of hurt feelings and damage to the board on the whole, sometimes they themselves end up earning banishment. Please, I hope I'm wrong, but don't start something cause you think this place is bland and you want to liven the party.

When you've been a member of this board for a long time and you post regularly, you know this board has high points and low points for activity, that is completely normal, it's the 3geez way.

Theirs always going to be people selling their 3g and moving on. Frankly I've seen allot more fresh faces needing help show up than I've seen old members place for sale sign's on their cars.

I'm here in spite of not having a 3g, heck in 2 days It'll have been a year. I'm here cause in spite of it's age, in spite of newer more powerfull cars, the 3g still rate's high in my book, I think the car and it's owners deserve my support.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
I'm here cause in spite of it's age, in spite of newer more powerfull cars, the 3g still rate's high in my book, I think the car and it's owners deserve my support.

So what is ur solution for the Koni Issue?? The Suspension System Lord is needed more than ever!! Save us from Damnation! *Sorry I am Stargate Fan*

89AcCOrDmike
07-02-2003, 08:00 PM
^^^ stargate is pimp ^^^ they always got good episodes. and jack o'neil keeps me rollin',

POS carb
07-04-2003, 02:54 PM
wow non-us accords have the best consoles and other interior amenities.
Check out the A/C controls, pictograms!

BTW I thought Si=B20

A20A1
07-05-2003, 03:01 PM
... nevermind :(

btw: I never asked to be mod... it just happned, and I'm trying to do my best.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
07-05-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
... nevermind :(

btw: I never asked to be mod... it just happned, and I'm trying to do my best.

Stop lying Michael.. You asked everyday!! J/K... Dude every knows who didn't ask, Admid finally realized that you help design the performance CARB and decided to make you one...You have done good stuff for the carb ppl!! So when are you going to carb a JDM B20a? :wave:

zero.counter
07-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Sanjay, to complement the car, it looks sweet.
Airfilter- Yeah, it s lets the car breathe a little easier, we all know the HP increase is nominal. Cool looking.

Sunroof-The drain is clogged. Besides the fix suggested, look into replacing the rubber seal for the sun-roof.

Lowering-Cut ur springs...J/K The bilsteins are sweet azz, LOWERING=NICE CAR.

MODS-The mods are cool and remind me of my resident advisors in college. (Most are younger than I) The 3gee is outdated, but just as the corolla ae86, MII Supras, and old muscle cars are still cool cars to some, the accord has sentiment to others (my first car, purchased in 96, kids in the back seat growing up, like the mitsubishi commercial, and my "Just Married" car) Old faithful she is, and even though PRE-ODB1, still a good base to work with.

Speed-Takes time and money, but anything is possible. Like you said, low-budget upgrades can't achieve much more than .5 to 5 HP, and the car was originally intended as a grocery trasport. Actually, you didn't say that, sounded good though. But that does not stop others from going farther and putting more life into the proverbial old gal.

Bodykits-With a dremel, a tac or arc welder and some other assorted tools, your imagination is the limit. Most of the 4th gen accord kits fit with some modification, albeit strange with the pop-ups.

(That graduation song/fanfare playing in the background with people humming)
The bland comment hurt some, but is somewhat true (no offense). Most topics have been brought up numerous times but we all know that Matt will flame ya if it starts getting boring or an inconsistency/fabrication has not yet been addressed. Or some Newbie with 2F2F on his/her mind just figured they could add an igniting tail pipe to their car and that it would add 55HP.

The board is, your friend. Just like the old, and reliable, Honda Accord 3rd Generation. I hope that in displaying what I typed, I made not one person angry and if I did, I apologize ahead of time.
(FREAKING CORNY, I KNOW)

buzzbomber88lx
07-05-2003, 04:30 PM
To become a mod all you have to do is raise your hand..........Oooooo Ooooooo pick me! pick me! that would be cool!!!

Jims 86LXI HB
07-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by buzzbomber88lx
To become a mod all you have to do is raise your hand..........Oooooo Ooooooo pick me! pick me! that would be cool!!!

Actually if we hold a mirror in your face and you fog it up with our breath,...................................you passed:D :bow:

buzzbomber88lx
07-06-2003, 07:28 PM
awww man thats not cool......

sanjay
07-24-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by zero.counter
the car was originally intended as a grocery trasport....
...The bland comment hurt some, but is somewhat true (no offense). Most topics have been brought up numerous times but we all know that Matt will flame ya if it starts getting boring or an inconsistency/fabrication has not yet been addressed. Or some Newbie with 2F2F on his/her mind just figured they could add an igniting tail pipe to their car and that it would add 55HP.

The board is, your friend. Just like the old, and reliable, Honda Accord 3rd Generation. I hope that in displaying what I typed, I made not one person angry and if I did, I apologize ahead of time.
(FREAKING CORNY, I KNOW) [/B]

And with that comment from zero counter, the board has regained my respect and admiration. It is a unique source of information for the 3rd Gen. And a great place to discuss arising problems and meet other "like-minded" honda enthusiasts.. :D

gotta love cheeseburgers :) :lol:

od2681
07-24-2003, 07:36 AM
i agree with you on the part of people moving on....i have also seen a lot of people either part out their car or have sold it or have gotten a new car.....well lets face it ur right...3gee is a dying breed and it hurts me to see that cuzz i love this car....but the fact of the matter is that if i had the chance to get a newer car (mainly 240sx) i would go for it...i wouldnt sell this car....but would keep it as a daily driver...but right now i dont see taht happening cuzz the only problem this car is givin me is the injectors and i already bought those from bambamky....
but you gotta look it from the positive point of view....you have to see all the newbs...i mean its actually refreshing, sometimes annoying, to see newb questions that i once asked to be asked again...so ur seeyin that there are more 3geez comin to the board while some are leavin.....its just like life..people come into this world and people leave this world...in our case its 3geez......some will leave modified, some will leave as daily drivers...whatever the case maybe, the 3gee would always be remembered by us and the people who have faced its wrath...

AvgWhtMale
07-27-2003, 07:08 PM
2.0Si with SOHC? I'm confuzzed...

Hash_man_Se_i
07-27-2003, 10:18 PM
I am ultimate "low-cash". I think a lot of young people who own cars are in this "low-cash" bracket.

Ya, I am in the same shoes man, and I hate it. I am 16, and will soon have to start paying part of my insurance. Luckily, I work at an auto parts store, and Can get things like a pacesetter cat back, and xenon body kit through my work. Its awesome.

But for other things like a stereo, I am going to have to wait till the boxing day sales to afford what I really want.

And save up for an alarm with keyless entry!. It stopped some fuckin thieves from stealing my se-i rims last year. and the keyless entry is really nice to have.