PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start after i wen out of GAS

LeXUS_
07-02-2003, 07:48 AM
Yesterday i was driving and i had very little gas left,after a while car stops and i fill gas,car wont start again,so i rolled it down the street and it starts but there is no power,i push the gas pedal but nothing happens,and it seems like the car is not getting the fuel,i am very new with this car stuff,what is wrong and how can i fix it..

Honda Accord 1986 EX CARB (manuel transmission)(European versjon)

Dibbs
07-02-2003, 08:20 AM
Have you:

- Cleaned Carb lately
- Checked Spark Plugs for fouling
- Checked Cap and Rotor for wear
- Inspected Coil Wire for fire
- Inspected plug wires for fire

Any of these can contribute to poor engine performance. Also since this seems to be happening when you're low on fuel, try checking for water or trash in the gas tank. That's a good starting point.

89accord_lxi_coupe
07-02-2003, 08:21 AM
get a few more opinions, but i would say it's the pump or relay.

Morpheus
07-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Could he maybe spray carb cleaner in the carb while trying to start it?

johndej
07-02-2003, 09:23 AM
yeah, splash some gas or starter fluid on your carb then have someone start it.

johndej
yeah, splash some gas or starter fluid on your carb then have someone start it.

3G Jester
*buzzer sound*
nope.....

sounds liek a dirty fuel filter to me! they get really messy it you drive around on empty all the time.

markmdz89hatch
07-02-2003, 10:21 AM
yeah, I'm with Travis. First, mainly b/c they're real cheap and very easy to change, not to mention it never hurts to do it. Change the fuel filters. Then, pump the gas pedal a few times with the car off. Start it. It should race for a few seconds while it's burning off the extra fuel.

How did the car idle when it did start?

Toss in some carb/fuel line cleaner on a full tank of gas, let it idle for about 15-20 minutes. If that still doesn't work, then spray some carb cleaner into the top of the carb with the car running. I would hold off on that until you do the other things, b/c sometimes all that carb cleaner spray does is further push crap into the carb.

Hash_man_Se_i
07-02-2003, 10:35 AM
Ya, it definately sounds like the fuel filter to me too, you should check it out.

manuel transmission
Our friend manuel strikes again... LOL.. :D

cdscowboy
07-02-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man_Se_i
Ya, it definately sounds like the fuel filter to me too, you should check it out.

Our friend manuel strikes again... LOL.. :D

:lol!! :D that dirty dirty manuel...that's why it won't start ;)

Silver86LX
07-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Yea you should change your fuel filters. I ran my car dry about 2 weeks ago and ever since I've noticed a slight loss in power. Now I just have to get around to changing my fuel filters.

POS carb
07-04-2003, 02:50 PM
hey man if you ran out of gas it's most likely you just have a pocket of air in your line, been there, done that. Take the fuel hose off the car and start sucking till the gas gets to the end, plug her back in, then switch oyur ignition on and off about 4 or 5 times slowly, pump the pedal twice and your car should start. Have your foot near the pedal cuz it may idle like shitfor a few seconds