PDA

View Full Version : Where is fuelpump-relay?

LeXUS_
07-02-2003, 12:25 PM
I have been looking for fuel-pump relay,and have not managed to find it..Could anyone here tell me where it is located?And where is the main relay?
I have Accord 86 2.0 Carb

88LXi/87CRXSi
07-02-2003, 12:44 PM
Since you have a carb you have a "fuel cut-off relay", which should be located in your Dash fuse/relay box. (the manual says to remove the dashboard under cover and pull the fuse relay box down) Maybe it's on the back? :confused: Don't bother looking for a main relay, only the fuel injected cars have them.

*Edit**
I should've said dash, sorry! I've got the test if you need it

Skellington
10-04-2013, 05:43 PM
I just pulled the fuel relay off of mine. My car is an LXI so its fuel injected. my relay was located about 6" above the fuse box, and mounted far left.

firefighterwhite89
10-05-2013, 10:11 PM
I just pulled the fuel relay off of mine. My car is an LXI so its fuel injected. my relay was located about 6" above the fuse box, and mounted far left.

If i were you, i'd leave the main relay just dangling. I did years ago, because i never want to bunch up to take that damn bolt out of the firewall EVER AGAIN!

Skellington
10-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Pull the lower dash panel off. I leave everything connected, but let it dangle. Use a 10mm socket with a very short extension and its cake. Relay replaced, car runs again.