PDA

View Full Version : HELP, ASAP... SHOUlD i buy these 17's????

Hash_man_Se_i
07-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Hey, I am now faced with a problem... I kinda didn't want to go with 17" rims, for the performance factor, and cuz my car isnt lowered, and i think they might look kinda bad.

And I got a flyer via email from this local rim shop I was talkin to about rims... and they had 16" rims for like 70/80$ canadian :eek: ... But I called and they are all out. All that I can get now is 17's, but they are still cheap as hell.. Like $90 a rim.
But I don't know if I should settle for 17's and maybe end up selling them down the road.

Please help me decide.. how will 17's look at stock height??? and will i notice a difference performance wise?

86AccordLxi
07-02-2003, 01:35 PM
I'm assuming those rims are heavier than stock which means they will slow you down some. They don't look horrible, but without a lowering, your car'll look somewhat like a 4x4. Also keep in mind that tires for bigger rims are more expensive than smaller rims, if that matters to you (though the prices are pretty darn close).

Alex

zero.counter
07-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man_Se_i
Hey, I am now faced with a problem... I kinda didn't want to go with 17" rims, for the performance factor, and cuz my car isnt lowered, and i think they might look kinda bad.

And I got a flyer via email from this local rim shop I was talkin to about rims... and they had 16" rims for like 70/80$ canadian :eek: ... But I called and they are all out. All that I can get now is 17's, but they are still cheap as hell.. Like $90 a rim.
But I don't know if I should settle for 17's and maybe end up selling them down the road.

Please help me decide.. how will 17's look at stock height??? and will i notice a difference performance wise?
Everything that 86AccordLxi said is true to the core. Cost should not be the deciding factor in customization as you will pay in the long run. You should investigate in a camber correction kit if you are going 17 because replacing those size tires won't be cheapo depot if you don't correct. The larger size will also show on speedometer by being a little faster that the speedometer shows, maybe a couple of MPH. The heaviness can sometimes affect mileage which hits the pocketbook. And finally, the offset. You dont want the rims sticking out like a bulldog stance or running into a clearance issue do you?

Hash_man_Se_i
07-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Ya, I decided to wait on it... The guy may be able to get more 16" rims for the amazing price of about 70/80$ a rim.. and I will definately be better off like that, and tires will be cheaper too.

88 Accord DX
07-02-2003, 10:55 PM
IMO the jump from 16"-17" is not that much different. its the jump from 17"-18" thats a major change. id go with the 17's but thats just me.