PDA

View Full Version : can you drive without an ac belt?

3G Jester
07-03-2003, 10:24 AM
OK. im sick and tired or trying to move the goddamned ac compressor. I loosed the bolts but its just not moving. i tried leverage, taping with a hammer and its still not moving.

i need to get that off so i can get to the alternator belt.

could i just cut that off, replace the alt. belt and then put the power steering belt back on and drive without causing damage?

i figure i just need to get it to a shop so they can replace it for me....

unless you guys got some other suggestions....im kinda lost...:wtf:
also..how much would that cost to replace? im gonna have them do it when i get the tires rotated and balanced and shit. i havent driven the 3g in about 9 months....

NXRacer
07-03-2003, 10:32 AM
I had the exact same problem when i replaced my water pump. I couldnt get the compressor to move, so i just cut the AC belt so i could get the others loose. I just left it off and never bothered to replace it. Not having the A/C connected is one less thing being driven by your motor. Its not gonna hurt anything besides not having any A/C.

3G Jester
07-03-2003, 10:54 AM
ok. i just diddnt wanna burn anything out.

wthramann
07-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Which bolts did you loosen? I would suggest the bolt/nut with the washer that rides in the groove, the two pivot bolts, and the locknut/adjusting bolt. (Keihin type) The Nippondenso type looks like it has an extra locking bolt. Not much else holding in place so it should move.

3G Jester
07-03-2003, 11:42 PM
hmmm.....

thanks bill....where in ct?