PDA

View Full Version : Question about A/C how-to

89accordlxi
07-03-2003, 10:27 AM
It states in the how-to that the dryer needs to be replaced any time the A/C system is opened up. My question is, do I have to replace my dryer if I disconnected the hose going to the condenser? I accidently disconnected this hose awhile ago while replacing my radiator. Most, if not all the r12 escaped. So will I have to replace the dryer before I recharge the A/C? The A/C was working fine before the incident. So I don't think I will have to worry about replacing anything else. Does disconnecting that hose qualify as opening up the system? I just want to make sure I don't pay the $100+ to recharge the a/c, then find out I have to replace the dryer then have to pay another $100+ to recharge it again.

The weather has been getting into the 90's lately and It would be really nice to have my A/C running again.

Thanks for any insight.

peace.

88accordlxcarb
07-03-2003, 02:56 PM
It would be a good idea. Since you car most likely has over 70,000 miles on it, its time for a new dryer.

They dont cost that much(in terms of AC's) and you can put it on yourself since its out of R12. Once you get the new one, put it on fast. Make sure all the lines are hooked up every where else, then attach the dryer.

Then take it down to the shop, make sure they run it under a vacuum and see if it holds before adding R12. It would be a lot cheaper for you to fix a leak, or know about it, than them just adding it and not telling you. ;)