PDA

View Full Version : How to Drain Transmission Fluid

meangreenLXi
07-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know how to drain the transmission fluid on an automatic LXi? :(

myaccord7
07-03-2003, 12:19 PM
i just loosened some of the bolts on the bottom, it goes really slow but it works. thats the only way i could find.

zach

infecto
07-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Well make sure you do it after you run the engine because its easier to get the crud out of there. But yeah unlike your usual car this tranny has no filter so there for has no pan. All you need to do it unscrew the bolt on the bottom of the tranny should be sticking to the side.

POS carb
07-04-2003, 11:59 AM
you need a 3/8 ratchet, maybe a short extension, the drain bolt is on the passenger side on the bottom, under the cover (it's a bolt with a square drive that your rachet's tip should fit in snugly).
If it doesn't come off you may have to get creative... I remember the first time I took mine off I had to use the car's weight to turn it, I put the ratchet on the bolt, raised the car, slid a brick under the ratchet, then lowered the car slowly till it broke loose

meangreenLXi
07-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Hey, everything worked out great. The car performes better by leaps and bounds. On take off, i could feel the gears changing as the car jerked switching from first to second to third, now it's seemless. 3geez members and 3geez Forum, :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: