PDA

View Full Version : EFI Conversion

James
06-09-2002, 08:14 PM
How much do you think it would be to convert to efi if I did it all myself, or if I had a mechanic do it? I have an 86 LX sedan. Also, could I convert to the 88-89 efi with 122hp? Or would I only be able to get it to 110hp? Is 12 hp really a big difference? Is it worth it?

Later,
James

A20A1
06-09-2002, 08:57 PM
It's up to you but doing the swap yourself is another option... or you could do the weber carb conversion...

Pics of Weber on my car (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2031)

James
06-10-2002, 05:25 AM
My real question there was, Is 12hp noticable? I would definitally not go weber, I wouldn't want higher emmisions, plus it gets less gas milage. Also, if you have driven the carbed 3rd gen and a efi 3rd gen, did you notice a difference in power, or was it not really noticable?

Thanks again.

gugumachi
06-10-2002, 07:05 AM
i've got an 88 lxi and an 89 lx and i'd have to say the 88 does feel a lot more peppy than the 89. i've also got an intake and exhaust on the 88 but i don't think that accounts for much. i would maybe PM carotman or one of the other guys doing the swap for details about it, or just browse through the topics in the mechanical section

3rd GEN
06-11-2002, 10:38 AM
ya.. i am lookin into doin an efi swap soon to...
the carb just isn't enough.. I mean.. it's still got good kick and all.. but when climing hills....no...

cuz in the long run.. i wanna swap in a gsr teg engine or maybe type R teg engine...

but thats not for a while... i need $$$$$ first..

CoAsTeR
06-11-2002, 07:24 PM
your pics kick ass guy!!! Everytime I see pics of your motor it makes me cream my pants...........

Originally posted by A20A1
It's up to you but doing the swap yourself is another option... or you could do the weber carb conversion...

Pics of Weber on my car (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2031) :D

smufguy
06-13-2002, 08:14 PM
for high altetudes, your carb would suck and thats why the clear japanes dudes gave us the AJC. adjust it and u will see no difference (maybe a lil). but hey, i dont like the carb either.