PDA

View Full Version : Maybe you all can figure this out

TigaMan10
07-03-2003, 07:37 PM
It seems like every time i come on this site i have a problem with my car. but thats all good. Amm.... ITs preaty simple the brake lights won't come on, not even when the car is off. It always looks like my foot is on the brake when it is not. If anybody have any ideas of what this is. It will be greatly appreciated.
tiga

89LxiAg
07-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Do you mean that the brake lights won't go OFF or come ON???

If you mean they won't go OFF, then try inspecting or replacing your brake sensor, located under the dash behind the brake pedal. This sensor is actuated when you touch the pedal and turns the lights on, if a piece of it has broken off then the lights could stay on permanently (at least until the unit is fixed).

If they won't come ON, try checking the bulbs/fuses/wires/sensor...etc. Basically start at the cheapest things, then get more complex.

Good luck.

TigaMan10
07-15-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 89LxiAg
Do you mean that the brake lights won't go OFF or come ON???

If you mean they won't go OFF, then try inspecting or replacing your brake sensor, located under the dash behind the brake pedal. This sensor is actuated when you touch the pedal and turns the lights on, if a piece of it has broken off then the lights could stay on permanently (at least until the unit is fixed).

If they won't come ON, try checking the bulbs/fuses/wires/sensor...etc. Basically start at the cheapest things, then get more complex.

Good luck.

Hey thanks but i got it fixed, it seems that the brake pedle had some kind of srew it it that turned on and off the light. that screw fell out and caused the light to stay on. i put something in it and now every thing is fine.
tiga

johnwc723
07-24-2003, 09:27 PM
what does this have to do with Fuel Injection? :)

Blue Impact
07-30-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by johnwc723
what does this have to do with Fuel Injection? :)

Wow, this really answers the guy's question with his brakelights. :D Are we playing Jeopardy here? :lol