PDA

View Full Version : Headers

SeanJohn03
07-04-2003, 07:28 AM
my headers came in today i have not had the chance to put them on so does anyone know if they make a horsepower difference???

Jims 86LXI HB
07-04-2003, 09:13 AM
yet another question that would have been answered if you'd ran a search.

You mean you bought a header without knowing if it would make any power, why would you do that?

I seached past post's before I bought mine cause I wanted to know before I spent the money. You should have done the same.

Since my experience in owning a header I have gone out of my way to talk about the power differance. But when people don't search, my past words are wasted.

Answer is, yes. A header is worth every penny for the gains they provide. Wheather you spent $160 for a pacesetter or $300+ for the DC Sports header.

bobafett
07-04-2003, 11:13 AM
as a first mod, you will not notice that as much as you would if you already had an intake system and or exhaust done. i added mine after i already had a civic short intake and 2.25 catback system. i noticed a huge difference, it felt like a real gain in power, vs the exhaust which i didnt feel a gain from, just noise. and the intake, which i BARELY noticed a gain from... but it was noticable. the headers made a big diff, and the car pulls harder all the way to redline now. :) you will enjoy them

iloveJDMblackrims69
07-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah man.....you will get some good performance out of them. They are less in weight and provide faster exhaust flow out to the exhaust........so it would be a good idea to have a cat-back exhaust system for faster exhaust flow and you'll have a good 10-15 HP. You'll also have a sporty sound and a nice look. The intake will also be a good idea to have next for the cold air(since ur ettin a CAI), more airflow compressed in the cylinders..and also give you a throaty sound and nice look to your engine bay ;).