PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Fortress: Help me find an alarm with lots of outputs!

POS carb
07-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Hey all, I've been putting my system together and I figure it would be pretty stupid to not install an alarm while I'm at it

I'm looking for the best for <$300 with at least 3 remote outputs so I can have some fun with it (window roll up/down, trunk release, etc)

I like this one but it only has 2 outputs:
Crime Guard 745i3 (http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-JA3pCLOZuI9/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=2&g=801&I=514CG745I3&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N) Car Security System
2 extended-range remotes • Vehicle Recovery • door, hood, and trunk protection • Automatic Transmitter Verification • dual-stage shock sensor • parking light output (relay built-in) • starter disable relay included • built-in door lock and dome light relays • glass breakage sensor • emergency backup battery • $2,000 vehicle-theft guarantee

price: $200

not too interested in paging system or remote start
whatever I get I'm going to install it myself and document the installation and give you a preview of what I've been working on

POS carb
07-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Anybody have a G5 series Clifford?

catalin
07-05-2003, 12:18 AM
www.compustar.org Has three outputs at least from what I remember.

RobT5580
07-05-2003, 08:03 AM
I bought this one a while back to replace my old 2 way alarm because i wanted the top of the line and i must say the quality is very high compared to all the alarms i have had in the past. And if i remeber right it has at least 3 open outputs on it. I bought this as soon as i saw my friends in the box based on the quality of the components. The only thing i found negative about it was it doesnt have as good of a range as my old one but i think its from where i have the antena located for now so i will see when i redo my car and move it. My old setup had a rediculous range on it and worked inside of buildings so thats why my hopes were set high. It still has a long range but fades when in a building. But no doubt i would recommend this to anyone based on quality alone nevermind all the features.

check it out here:
http://www.adelcom.net/CLIFFORD-matrixRS3-Page.htm

I got mine off ebay a while back for something like $230-$250? The only bad thing is it tends to come with one remote depending where you buy it and they are expensive.

POS carb
07-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by catalin
www.compustar.org Has three outputs at least from what I remember.

damn their site is horrible, all they talk about is the remote and it's colors and range and nothing about the controls, modules you can plug in, etc... Am I missing something? :wtf:

I was surprised you both put those pager alarms lol
thanks!
I'm going to check out the G5 Cliffords Monday at a local retailer

catalin
07-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by POS carb
damn their site is horrible, all they talk about is the remote and it's colors and range and nothing about the controls, modules you can plug in, etc... Am I missing something? :wtf:

I was surprised you both put those pager alarms lol
thanks!
I'm going to check out the G5 Cliffords Monday at a local retailer

True the Compustar site is not quite that informative, but it's a much better system than Clifford, which is now built by DEI.

I try to find a manual in the garage and scan it for you guys.